Hathway Broadband launches Docsis 3.0 Ultra High speed network

• Thread starter Thread starter gopichandpai
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 312
  • Views Views 104,245
Got the connection a week back in Bangalore. Awesome speed via Lan. Reaches 48/49 mbps down and 4.8 mbps up.
However, I find a strange issue with Wifi. The download speed drops to less than half at 19 mbps. I use a Asus RT13u router capable of 54 mbps on b/g and 300 mbps on n band.
On the N band my old laptop does not connect, so stuck with b/g.
Could some tech wizard help me out?

gopichandpai said:
Buy a wireless N usb adapter for your old laptop. Also try to change the wireless channel on your router and see if it improves the speed. Channel 1 or 6 or 9 usually gives better speeds.
Let me re-phrase - Can I actually get the full 50 mbps speed using a normal router like the Asus RT-13U. Is there anyone in the forum with the Docsis 3.0 connection from Hathway who have got the full speed of 48/50 mbps using a Wifi router ? Can this be achieved using the routers b/g modes ?
Highly appreciate any inputs regarding this.
Thanks.

I have a D-Link Powerline N Router. The maximum speed I have got on Speedtest is 42/45 Mbps in direct line of sight. But it has never reached the 48/50 Mbps that I get on my computer directly connected to the router.

With channel bonding, it is possible to get 50mbps download speeds*.
* Note: If there is anyone nearby using an overlapping channel, your router will automatically switch off bonding & the router falls back to 150mbps or slower, which translates to ~40mbps (real world speed).

Set your router to 20Mhz on the N band (150mbps mode) & update your laptop wireless card driver. Your laptop should be able to connect, *if* your wireless card supports N mode (2.4Ghz).

With G mode, 19 mbps is the average real world speed. B is even slower.

Edit - Typo

uberjon said:
With channel bonding, it is possible to get 50mbps download speeds*.
* Note: If there is anyone nearby using an overlapping channel, your router will automatically switch off bonding & the router falls back to 150mbps or slower, which translates to ~40mbps (real world speed).
Set your router to 20Mhz on the N band (150mbps mode) & update your laptop wireless card driver. Your laptop should be able to connect, it your wireless card supports N mode (2.4Ghz).
With G mode, 19 mbps is the average real world speed. B is even slower.
This. Exactly this.

Hello,
I am new to this forum. Just signed-in to say that,Hathway Docsis 3.0 is available in Bangalore and the Service was also prompt. I sent them an online request on Thursday 10/4/14, the sales guy came and collected the documents and the cheque on 11/4/14. On Saturday the cableing guys came and laid the cable. and surprisingly :shock: the engineer came on Sunday 13/4/14 at about 7 in the evening and gave the connection.
But, the login page is back. to remove the login page you have to take up static IP which costs you Rs.100 per month.
They have given me D-Link Dir 600M wi-fi router.
They say that they are only responsible for speed upto servers in bangalore only.
49Mbps for Bangalore servers. :pleasantry:
Any US server speed reaches between 1Mbps to 10Mbps. :sidefrown:
Goverdhan

Hi,
I already have a Hathway 15Mbps plan at home linked to TP-Link TL-WR740N 150 Mbps. I want to know if this same router will give me near 50Mbps speeds if I move to Docsis 3.0. TIA

Back