Have we reached the limit of inventions in technology

• Thread starter Thread starter amish
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 251
  • Views Views 22,882
At last they finally gave a proof which no one in the world could deny. It was a parabolic reflector left by astronauts which still sends a laser light beam back if it is reflected on it from the earth. It is there and is in use for 50 years almost

With due respect to the truth, i also believe that the claims of NASA cant be bluff. But i wud just mention 1 "argument" against this proof........cant we make a similar object again, make it look old & place it at that location where the "Alleged shooting" happened?

Faster than light? CERN findings bewilder scientists - latimes.com

So like me, there are scientists who still believe that priniciple of relativitiy has threat!

Actually, my only query ever was "why believe nothing can be faster than light?". If we eliminate that line, then E=mc2 can still be true. And all theory will still be true.

lol read moar books amish!!! :p
no e= mc^2 and many other postulates of the two relativities cannot exist while other things travel faster than light.
you should know speed of light is no ordinary figure, its special, very special.
when racing with a beam of light, no matter how fast you go, the beam of light will seem to travel just as fast as it would if u were stationary.

as for what u posted, yeah i read it last night, and i think it can be something groundbraking.
this does not mean einstein was wrong either.

i have mentioned earlier that neutrinos travel as fast as light. they are almost (if not completely) massless.

look space is a complicated "thing".
its twisted and no one really knows what exactly it is. when they shoot beams from point A to B, and something(say X) reaches from faster than the other object(sayY) it can mean different things, some can be....
1] X has a greater velocity than y
2] somehow, x travellled a distance that was less than y, although it looks the same at the macroscopic level
3] the space interacts with y in a different way as it does with x
4] space could be more twisted for y as compared to x, or these twists affect y more.

according to string theory, very tiny curled up extra dimension could exist and very well billlions of them may pass theough things all the time.

the reason why i am defending einstein here, even in the face of rather conflicting evidence is in the last 50 or so years, mant more experiments have proven he was right.
and its very unlikely that 1-2 experiments (this not the first time neutrinos have done this), can overturn a model that has withstood more than 5 decades or rigorous experiments.
what i believe could be possible is that, we may find something about we hadnt seen yet, probably a property of space that makes it interact with EM radiation apparently slowing it down.
its like how Einstein improved on newtons theory for gravity, even still newton was not wrong about gravity, just less accurate.
this could really be something big, we could have another einstein/newton like figure who could solve this riddle, untill then this sums up my reaction to this...

----------

If verified, the results would dismantle a key plank of Einstein's theory of relativity and deeply unsettle our understanding of the physical world.

Scientists stunned, sceptical on faster-than-light particles

----------

also this shows that that how science is free for all and if you have evidence, you can challenge even the most fundamental concepts, even if it call for rewriting and re doing everything we have done for the last 100 years,.....
another one on this,....
Roll over Einstein: Law of physics challenged (Update 3)

So the question here is - we were believeing in the theory "Nothing travels faster than light" WITHOUT AMPLE EVIDENCE??? How right is this "Believing" without AMPLE EVIDENCE?

there was and is ample evidence that nothing travels faster than light.a lot more than there is for these neutrinos.

So the fact that neutrinos travel faster than light, means that There is SOMETHING, that travels faster than light! So now, what BOOKISH evidence u have to prove that nothing travels faster than light?

did u read my post?

Isn't it obvious....?? :-)........ Does he do that in God's case or here???

I read everything except that Comic Strip.And all i cud gauge is......u are running for cover in some way or the other, just to defend what u have been READING FOR YEARS. Rigid, to change ur mind & accept the fact that a new finding has over-turned a contention that was being made in the past.Einstein may have improved on Newton's theory. But the recent finding, is not an "Improvement" over existing thing. Its in "Contradiction" of an existing theory.Do u understand this - Until now it was being said that "Nothing travels faster than light. There CANT BE ANYTHING THAT TRAVELS FASTER THAN LIGHT". All of a sudden, there is a particle that can travel faster than light.Now u show me, how do i believe the first contention?

Thats my whole point... Why assume that nothing can travel faster than light???E=mc2 stands true even without that assumption, doesnt it?

Back