Hayai Broadband - Subscriber Terms & Conditions

• Thread starter Thread starter mgcarley
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 155
  • Views Views 31,133
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool, but what I meant was, when the signups open, when I see the nice numbers for your area (as in signups), that's what will excite me in to telling my technical team "LETS GO TO THAT AREA!!!1!11!!"... the proof is in the pudding (if you get my drift).
Now wait is the word ;)

Ahh yes, "Hayai @ 20Mbit/s or 100Mbit/s" vs "Competitor 1 @ 4Mbit/s, Competitor 2 @ 2Mbit/s, Competitor 3 @ 1Mbit/s and Competitor 4 @ 1Mbit/s". See if you can guess which refers to which based on the colours ;)

I think if we put the plans side by side people can see easily - we don't really have to use any dirty tactics - only the cold, hard truth ;)
Aha 1st 2 or 3 are easy to guess :P 1st Airtel, 2nd Reliance, 3rd MTNL

All the people in my locality get 2mbps unlimited free from MTNL. They still prefer to pay for Airtel as MTNL is highly unreliable and has bad pings. You can do great business here.

All the people in my locality get 2mbps unlimited free from MTNL.

That's a weird business strategy. No wonder they're losing so many thousands of crores... do you live in an MTNL colony?

They still prefer to pay for Airtel as MTNL is highly unreliable and has bad pings. You can do great business here.

Hmm. As above, it's one of those things we'll only be able to ascertain once the registrations have opened and start flowing in.

How about adding the option in the form to ask customer which ISP they were using earlier? And if possible what is the reason they are migrating to Hayai

That's a weird business strategy. No wonder they're losing so many thousands of crores... do you live in an MTNL colony?

Hmm. As above, it's one of those things we'll only be able to ascertain once the registrations have opened and start flowing in.

Nah. It's a government colony and all the government employees get free landlines and broadband from mtnl. The government pays our bill to mtnl not us.

How about adding the option in the form to ask customer which ISP they were using earlier? And if possible what is the reason they are migrating to Hayai

Sure, we can add that as optional information to the subscription form. Great thinking!

Nah. It's a government colony and all the government employees get free landlines and broadband from mtnl. The government pays our bill to mtnl not us.

I thought it would be something like that ;)

Sure, we can add that as optional information to the subscription form. Great thinking!

Actually if you create proper database of this..then this will help you understand customer in better way and serving them in better way :)

Actually if you create proper database of this..then this will help you understand customer in better way and serving them in better way :)

I would also expect customers to tell me/us if our service is not up to scratch. I hope never to have a "retention department".

I think against that. What i think is there should be a retention dept. but should not have principle like the guys working with airtel have.Retention Dept should call customer only once that too to get the reason for the disconnection. If the problem is rectifiable then it should be attended on highest priority and be rectified within time frame of 24hrs flat. Otherwise they should just take the customer feedback and do not trouble them by selling other backend plans.Retention should never give you other plans or offers it should just take your feedback and if possible get the problem rectified in 24hrs or just let the customer go

I think against that. What i think is there should be a retention dept. but should not have principle like the guys working with airtel have.
Retention Dept should call customer only once that too to get the reason for the disconnection. If the problem is rectifiable then it should be attended on highest priority and be rectified within time frame of 24hrs flat. Otherwise they should just take the customer feedback and do not trouble them by selling other backend plans.
Retention should never give you other plans or offers it should just take your feedback and if possible get the problem rectified in 24hrs or just let the customer go

Of course when you're disconnecting we'll ask why anyway, but chances are that if you're disconnecting your connection, it's because the service and other support options have already failed you. Basically, it shouldn't come to that.

On the surface yes, it seems like the retention department in Airtel is pretty much just a discount centre, and even then, if I'm to believe what I read here on IBF, the discounts usually turn out to be temporary anyway. I don't really think that this is a good business strategy and the problem still isn't solved at the end of the day.

What you're basically suggesting though seems more like a "last resort" help desk - again, problems shouldn't get to that level to begin with! Yes, there will be some dissatisfied customers and some customers will migrate away, but at the very least our CSRs should insist on making notes so that anyone accessing your file (including yourself through your account page on our website) knows what the status is, and it should be mandatory for our CSRs to give a valid reason to close a support ticket - this should be made even more clear to the CSRs since you would be able to read what they're jotting down once the ticket is submitted or status changed.

Perhaps also a policy similar to "if you don't get a receipt, consider it complimentary" should be implemented here - if you don't get a support ticket number then you should be compensated in some way - a 25% discount or something.

As for the 24 hours thing, yes, that would be nice - but in some cases it may not be possible for some reason or another (catastrophic failure somewhere or who knows what), although we should endeavour to give cases priority according to how urgent the problem actually is and have time frames to fit each priority accordingly: priority 1 could be 6 hours, priority 2 could be 12, priority 3 (default) could be 24, priority 4 could be 48 & priority 5 could be 1 week.

As yet I'm not entirely sure how easy it would be to keep to such a schedule in the real world once we have over 1 lakh customers - maybe it's easy, maybe it's damn-near impossible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back