Hayai Broadband - Subscriber Terms & Conditions

• Thread starter Thread starter mgcarley
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 155
  • Views Views 31,133
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure.. Thanks for clarification... For now, I have put a link to my post above in the YOU telecom post. Next time I will ask the concerned person to route query here.

Good news! We may have a completely paperless subscription process - no xeroxing, no printing, no handing over passport photos - just pose for your picture (which we'll take and upload on the fly at your place when the formalities are being done), sign on the virtual dotted line on the sales-person's tablet and take your copy of the electronic receipt from the point-of-sale machine that they're also carrying.

If a printout is needed, a PDF can be generated and printed easily containing all of the necessary details including the electronic signature.

The only niggle is that I have to get confirmation from the relevant departments that this is in fact legally binding in India and allowable by the DoT (I don't see why not, but you never know with these people).

Good news! We may have a completely paperless subscription process - no xeroxing, no printing, no handing over passport photos - just pose for your picture (which we'll take and upload on the fly at your place when the formalities are being done), sign on the virtual dotted line on the sales-person's tablet and take your copy of the electronic receipt from the point-of-sale machine that they're also carrying.

If a printout is needed, a PDF can be generated and printed easily containing all of the necessary details including the electronic signature.

The only niggle is that I have to get confirmation from the relevant departments that this is in fact legally binding in India and allowable by the DoT (I don't see why not, but you never know with these people).
Wov is this happens I would be great to u bcz no other company at least thought of it

Wov is this happens I would be great to u bcz no other company at least thought of it

I hope it happens too. It will save a lot of time & effort plus about Rs5 worth of xeroxing per subscriber (OK, it's a lot less, but the financial benefits are there). Keeping my fingers crossed!

I dont think this is the correct thread to ask this but here it goes
@MG talking about delhi there are many societies who have underground cabling for each home. They currently have the copper cable which runs from the main entrance of the society and then terminates to the individual resident but in this there are many intermediate points where joints are provided.
Specially for my society they have cables from gate to home with minimum 2 and max 3 intermediate points. And the whole wiring is underground. Society doesn't have the map which shows the path that cable has took and they wont allow overhead cabling. Do you have any way to tackle this kind of situation?

----------

I hope it happens too. It will save a lot of time & effort plus about Rs5 worth of xeroxing per subscriber (OK, it's a lot less, but the financial benefits are there). Keeping my fingers crossed!

Not just financial benefit but customer will also feel a ease and would be comfortable in such process because handling all those papers is kind of lot of job. When you get a Airtel BB you get atleast 10 papers related to connection and a receipt.

I dont think this is the correct thread to ask this but here it goes
@MG talking about delhi there are many societies who have underground cabling for each home. They currently have the copper cable which runs from the main entrance of the society and then terminates to the individual resident but in this there are many intermediate points where joints are provided.
Specially for my society they have cables from gate to home with minimum 2 and max 3 intermediate points. And the whole wiring is underground. Society doesn't have the map which shows the path that cable has took and they wont allow overhead cabling. Do you have any way to tackle this kind of situation?

Outside it usually involves micro trenching, when the cable reaches inside there are usually actual ducts through which all the existing cables go... no map is really needed. Fortunately for us, our cables are really small - we can supply about 100 residences with about 2cm diameter worth of cabling.

Not just financial benefit but customer will also feel a ease and would be comfortable in such process because handling all those papers is kind of lot of job. When you get a Airtel BB you get atleast 10 papers related to connection and a receipt.

Exactly. So if it passes the "legality & compliance" tests, then we'll definitely be doing it.

Outside it usually involves micro trenching, when the cable reaches inside there are usually actual ducts through which all the existing cables go... no map is really needed. Fortunately for us, our cables are really small - we can supply about 100 residences with about 2cm diameter worth of cabling.

And what if the underground cabling pipe/duct is clogged because of the weather conditions(rains mainly). Because we had a guy to our place for the replacement of the cables because they have become obsolete and give very low SNR which leads to frequent disconnections. That person told me that most probably the pipes must have got clogged.

----------

Considering the condition of BB in my locality MTNL exchange is more than 3KMs from my locality and there fibres have become crap(as admitted by MTNL senior officials). Other option for us is AIRTEL who have setup the exchange in the locality itself. But considering the case of my society even the airtel is not able to provide BB because of the underground cable condition. This area is adjacent to NOIDA(border is just 500M) i can surely say you will get over 100 subscribers in my society itself. :)

----------

Locality is being marked under NOIDA (Planned) in the coverage map on hayai website

And what if the underground cabling pipe/duct is clogged because of the weather conditions(rains mainly). Because we had a guy to our place for the replacement of the cables because they have become obsolete and give very low SNR which leads to frequent disconnections. That person told me that most probably the pipes must have got clogged.

That happens. They are possible to clean. But even then, micro-trenching would involve laying a new duct just a couple of centimetres wide and just a couple of centimetres under the driveway. It's suited for this kind of application as it's relatively quick and painless and not too expensive either.

Considering the condition of BB in my locality MTNL exchange is more than 3KMs from my locality and there fibres have become crap(as admitted by MTNL senior officials).

MTNL has an interesting deployment - at least in Mumbai (I don't know enough about their Delhi operations to say if they're the same or not).

In Mumbai, while the MTNL *exchange* can be relatively far away from the customer premises, the phone line itself is actually supplied by a roadside cabinet, which in turn is usually supplied by fibre. Those cabinets typically supply around 650 residences and are "strategically placed" to keep the copper loop as short as possible. Irrespective of whether you have problems with your line (frequent disconnections, noise, whatever) if your line synchronizes at either >6 or >16 mbit/s (depending on whether they have ADSL1 or ADSL2+ equipment installed) then chances are you're being supplied by some nearby cabinet rather than the exchange itself. Of course, with MTNL it can be hard to tell, since they often rate-limit the line itself rather than doing things intelligently, but sometimes they don't (especially if you're an IPTV customer).

Probably it's not the fibre that's crap, it'll most likely be the copper - if it was the fibre, then whenever you experience a problem, so would 600+ other subscribers (all at the same time) but again, with them it's very much a situation of "who the hell knows what's going on".

Other option for us is AIRTEL who have setup the exchange in the locality itself. But considering the case of my society even the airtel is not able to provide BB because of the underground cable condition.

Because open networks are few and far between, the large players tend to prefer to lay their own cables all over the place, that's why when you're walking along the footpath you see those big concrete slabs with like "BHARTI OFC 2007" or "TTSL 2009" and so on every few hundred metres.

The problem that Bharti is facing with connecting to your society is probably the condition of the ducting (it's full of shhhhhtuff, which is a sign that whoever laid those ducts did a shoddy job, since they're supposed to be all waterproof and rodent proof and so on), and that the best option is probably for someone to come through, rip it all out and lay it again.

Preferably this would be undertaken by someone who is building an open network, so that there is just the single set of cables going in to the society and any ISP can come and provide their services on those cables without having to check for feasibility or installing more cables or whatever... all that needs to be done is to plug the right cable from the right ISP in to the right port inside some cabinet somewhere, and if the subscriber wants to change ISPs it's about a 90 second job for the technician.

This area is adjacent to NOIDA(border is just 500M) i can surely say you will get over 100 subscribers in my society itself. :)

Awesome. If that can be confirmed then it's very probable that we would put your area on priority for deployment when we're ready to hit NCR.

MTNL has an interesting deployment - at least in Mumbai (I don't know enough about their Delhi operations to say if they're the same or not).

In Mumbai, while the MTNL *exchange* can be relatively far away from the customer premises, the phone line itself is actually supplied by a roadside cabinet, which in turn is usually supplied by fibre. Those cabinets typically supply around 650 residences and are "strategically placed" to keep the copper loop as short as possible. Irrespective of whether you have problems with your line (frequent disconnections, noise, whatever) if your line synchronizes at either >6 or >16 mbit/s (depending on whether they have ADSL1 or ADSL2+ equipment installed) then chances are you're being supplied by some nearby cabinet rather than the exchange itself. Of course, with MTNL it can be hard to tell, since they often rate-limit the line itself rather than doing things intelligently, but sometimes they don't (especially if you're an IPTV customer).

Probably it's not the fibre that's crap, it'll most likely be the copper - if it was the fibre, then whenever you experience a problem, so would 600+ other subscribers (all at the same time) but again, with them it's very much a situation of "who the hell knows what's going on".
Thats the way they manage in delhi too. The exchange incharge told me that in our area wire have lived out the life and are more or less obsolete so providing basic phone is only option and BB is too difficult. Actually there is a new shopping complex in neighbourhood and MTNL was looking for space in that complex to setup their exchange but that complex has been constructed and lingering in some legal battle.

Because open networks are few and far between, the large players tend to prefer to lay their own cables all over the place, that's why when you're walking along the footpath you see those big concrete slabs with like "BHARTI OFC 2007" or "TTSL 2009" and so on every few hundred metres.

The problem that Bharti is facing with connecting to your society is probably the condition of the ducting (it's full of shhhhhtuff, which is a sign that whoever laid those ducts did a shoddy job, since they're supposed to be all waterproof and rodent proof and so on), and that the best option is probably for someone to come through, rip it all out and lay it again.

Preferably this would be undertaken by someone who is building an open network, so that there is just the single set of cables going in to the society and any ISP can come and provide their services on those cables without having to check for feasibility or installing more cables or whatever... all that needs to be done is to plug the right cable from the right ISP in to the right port inside some cabinet somewhere, and if the subscriber wants to change ISPs it's about a 90 second job for the technician.

We also have a open network in our society but the problem of wire getting damaged started when airtel were allowed to provided the BB services. For each flat there are 4 lines of which one is occupied by intercom rest are for the ISPs but these illiterate airtel techs ruined the entire wiring to just to get there customer satisfied and leaving others at dismay.

Awesome. If that can be confirmed then it's very probable that we would put your area on priority for deployment when we're ready to hit NCR.
If possible i would show you the area i am talking about on Google maps. There are about 60-70 societies and about 15000 flats. This area have very high BB literacy rate so you would be in great business here and as i told you its marked as NOIDA planned by you and is about 500M from noida.
The problem you may face is that Airtel has its customers loyal towards the firm so you have to play the dirty game of telling customers what airtel actually providing and robbing them :P

Thats the way they manage in delhi too. The exchange incharge told me that in our area wire have lived out the life and are more or less obsolete so providing basic phone is only option and BB is too difficult. Actually there is a new shopping complex in neighbourhood and MTNL was looking for space in that complex to setup their exchange but that complex has been constructed and lingering in some legal battle.

Ahh, India.

We also have a open network in our society but the problem of wire getting damaged started when airtel were allowed to provided the BB services. For each flat there are 4 lines of which one is occupied by intercom rest are for the ISPs but these illiterate airtel techs ruined the entire wiring to just to get there customer satisfied and leaving others at dismay.

These society networks aren't really what I'm talking about - I'm talking about something on a much larger scale that provides more than a single society... a properly large scale open network.

Pity about what Airtel did... they should not have needed to do that, since ADSL only needs a single copper pair... but then we could also ask the question of why was 8-strand cable not used when the place was being constructed? It used to be only a tiny bit more expensive... and now it's actually cheaper than the 4 strand stuff because it's more common.

Guess it's lucky we're using Fiber right up to your premises then, huh... in our open network there should be no messing about, it's just a matter of putting the right variables in the CPE and connecting the correect cable from the patch panel to the subscriber's ISP's OLT.

If possible i would show you the area i am talking about on Google maps. There are about 60-70 societies and about 15000 flats. This area have very high BB literacy rate so you would be in great business here and as i told you its marked as NOIDA planned by you and is about 500M from noida.

Cool, but what I meant was, when the signups open, when I see the nice numbers for your area (as in signups), that's what will excite me in to telling my technical team "LETS GO TO THAT AREA!!!1!11!!"... the proof is in the pudding (if you get my drift).

The problem you may face is that Airtel has its customers loyal towards the firm so you have to play the dirty game of telling customers what airtel actually providing and robbing them :P

Ahh yes, "Hayai @ 20Mbit/s or 100Mbit/s" vs "Competitor 1 @ 4Mbit/s, Competitor 2 @ 2Mbit/s, Competitor 3 @ 1Mbit/s and Competitor 4 @ 1Mbit/s". See if you can guess which refers to which based on the colours ;)

I think if we put the plans side by side people can see easily - we don't really have to use any dirty tactics - only the cold, hard truth ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back