Help Needed to buy a new ADSL2+ modem Router

why u need repeater? router at end of house or too big house, i mean placing the router at center of house can solve problem for most. repeater increases the latency a lot.

i use a cheapo Netgear unit that is placed in the kitchen. covers the remaining part of the first floor. i cannot move my primary router because i use my desktop on ethernet and i am located in the front part of the house. coverage is spotty at the backside. repeater works fine for my need. i do not play games so latency is not a problem.

i have an older variant of this model. newer one is smaller in size.

Netgear WN3000RP-200PES

it has worked fine for me. i hate the ui because it does not work well on the phone (not responsive and uses a lot of javascript) and i do not have a laptop to configure it using a desktop browser. but once configured, it works fine for days without requiring a restart. and since it is in the kitchen, it has seen a lot of oily steam. no issues since i got it.

you can also connect ethernet cable to it from your existing router for improved latency i guess? i use it wirelessly.

i have an older variant of this model. newer one is smaller in size.

Netgear WN3000RP-200PES

it has worked fine for me. i hate the ui because it does not work well on the phone (not responsive and uses a lot of javascript) and i do not have a laptop to configure it using a desktop browser. but once configured, it works fine for days without requiring a restart. and since it is in the kitchen, it has seen a lot of oily steam. no issues since i got it.

you can also connect ethernet cable to it from your existing router for improved latency i guess? i use it wirelessly.

I will use it wirelessly.And it will only serve one room where my brother will use it for his work laptop and phone.So latency shouldnt be an issue.

What i want to know is does this device create a new SSID or does it just extends the range of existing SSID from my primary modem wifi.

New ssid. You can name it same for seamless transition.

why u need repeater? router at end of house or too big house, i mean placing the router at center of house can solve problem for most. repeater increases the latency a lot.
Big house plus router in one corner.Cant move it.So repeater is the only solution.

Works better as long as you keep encryption type and password same. It switches to the network with better signal.

Back