Help Needed to buy a new ADSL2+ modem Router

Thanks @x720 then. Will try out the 8968. House is currently being served by a 2750U with 2x5Db antennas so that works pretty decently.

Does the version number matter greatly? Chipset? These seem to have the Trendchipset but can't be sure.

Last edited:
Does the version number matter greatly? Chipset? These seem to have the Trendchipset but can't be sure.
Thanks @x720 then. Will try out the 8968. House is currently being served by a 2750U with 2x5Db antennas so that works pretty decently.
Hello,

Did you buy this? How is the performance? I am in similar boat, Dlink2750U working ok for Duplex house. Some places inside the home, I was not getting signal.

Can you please share your feedback? My ISP is ACTTV Bangalore

Sun

need to buy a router ( better if it comes with modem inbuilt it will be good for future if i ever need one ) for reliance thunder plan. is adsl alright or adsl 2+ required? how much that 2+ makes a diff in reliance 2mbps 699 plan.. if i go for 4mbps plan in future , will my router take a hit?

Reliance gives you their own modem. Included in the cost. You just need to get a wireless router as per your needs.
Configuring a third party modem on Reliance comes with its own headaches. It's possible but is better avoided.

Yes I did. I am pretty happy with the performance. Range was never a problem, mine was more of a DSL Sync problem on a low-SNR line.

The WiFi router itself is good and recommended. Yours is an ADSL connection? If it is a direct cable connection then you have much better options.

Hello,

Did you buy this? How is the performance? I am in similar boat, Dlink2750U working ok for Duplex house. Some places inside the home, I was not getting signal.

Can you please share your feedback? My ISP is ACTTV Bangalore

Sun

Yes I did. I am pretty happy with the performance. Range was never a problem, mine was more of a DSL Sync problem on a low-SNR line.

The WiFi router itself is good and recommended. Yours is an ADSL connection? If it is a direct cable connection then you have much better options.
Mine is Fiber connection given by ACTTV. I just wanted to have ADSL option in case if I switch to BSNL in future.
Just to make sur the model, Did you buy the one given by following link?
TP-LINK TD-W8968 300 Mbps Wireless N USB ADSL2 Modem Router - TP-LINK : Flipkart.com

Thanks
Sun

Reliance gives you their own modem. Included in the cost. You just need to get a wireless router as per your needs.
Configuring a third party modem on Reliance comes with its own headaches. It's possible but is better avoided.

yes, i know that. I was thinking what if i move, and have a connection that doens't give modem, then i have to buy a new one... anyways, adsl or adsl2+, any recommendations?

Back