How is Beam Fiber Broadband able to offer incredible plans?

• Thread starter Thread starter gyan.pravu
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 270
  • Views Views 146,696
Cable internet providers like Beam Cable Systems, Sify or Hathway don't have their own internet bandwidth, instead they purchase bandwidth from ISP's having their own bandwidth and sell it to customers for low prices but the catch here is that its shared.

In simple terms Beam Cable purchases a single 512kbps unlimited plan from BSNL and sells the same to 8 or more customers as 512kbps unlimited to each.....its shared, that's the reason why you get 15t/22kbps download speed in day and full download speeds 70t/80kbps only after midnight.

See, its not cheap but more useless, btw dynamic ip is another reason why one shouldn't opt for such isp's.

Tata Communications, Airtel, BSNL and RCOM are the only four internet service providers in India who have their own internet bandwidth and they are the only four who provide static ip and dedicated bandwidth 24x7 to their customers so opt from any one these.

You're only about half right about all that. Beam purchases bandwidth in bulk from Bharti, Reliance and Tata (by bulk, I mean like 155 or more mbit/s at a time). Given that Beam has its own FTTB network, they can choose to distribute that bandwidth however they see fit, at whatever price allows them to be profitable. BSNL is in no way involved.

Furthermore, Airtel, RCOM and TATA are *NOT* the only ISPs who can provide static IP addresses OR dedicated connections - despitethe fact that the companies providing these services procure their own bandwidth from those Airtel, RCOM and Tata.

Also, there is nothing wrong with Dynamic IPs. APNIC prefers ISPs to distribute IP addresses dynamically rather than statically.

You're only about half right about all that. Beam purchases bandwidth in bulk from Bharti, Reliance and Tata (by bulk, I mean like 155 or more mbit/s at a time). Given that Beam has its own FTTB network, they can choose to distribute that bandwidth however they see fit, at whatever price allows them to be profitable. BSNL is in no way involved.

Furthermore, Airtel, RCOM and TATA are *NOT* the only ISPs who can provide static IP addresses OR dedicated connections - despitethe fact that the companies providing these services procure their own bandwidth from those Airtel, RCOM and Tata.

Also, there is nothing wrong with Dynamic IPs. APNIC prefers ISPs to distribute IP addresses dynamically rather than statically.

My opinion was on a general level, i meant to say that isp's like Sify and Beam provide their customers with dynamic ip's as default which is frustrating for torrents and other p2p networks as most of the ports are blocked......and as far as how much bandwidth they purchase is of no concern cause they never provide full speed to their customers before midnight no matter what plan their customers are on.

My opinion was on a general level, i meant to say that isp's like Sify and Beam provide their customers with dynamic ip's as default which is frustrating for torrents and other p2p networks as most of the ports are blocked......and as far as how much bandwidth they purchase is of no concern cause they never provide full speed to their customers before midnight no matter what plan their customers are on.

1. Dynamic IPs have nothing to do with whether the ports are closed or not. Arguably Dynamic IPs are better in case your IP gets banned.
2. Perhaps the bandwidth demand during those hours exceeds the available bandwidth capacity.

Title of this thread should really change to Beam Telecom Cheap and Worst :)

Title of this thread should really change to Beam Telecom Cheap and Worst :)

Justification? Got some numbers? Pingtimes, Download Speeds (screenshots or partial screenshots are better than speedtest.net IMO, but speedtest.net is also easy)

Get all numbers from my another thread :)
https://broadband.forum/beam-telecom-broadband/59429-beam-telecom-going-shit-stay-away/

Now I am kindof believing earlier post by steveblowjobs about these cable operators just slicing the bandwidth available between their different customers..like give the connection to one customer one day and to another the next day ..the same connection :)

Hmm. Well from what I can ascertain: 1. They buy 100% of their bandwidth from TATA/VSNL2. They don't peer anywhere. 3. I assume they are connected only to SMW4 because they're a member of Bharti's border records as well, but no traffic seems to go through Bharti, only through Tata's network.This can't be good for uptime.Interestingly, some of their IP addresses also seem to be blacklisted, I'm guessing for spam.

Experiences like these make you realize true value of customer care. I am embarrassed to say - "But I miss Airtel". Gosh! I really blasted those poor airtel guys while giving up my connection. :D

Experiences like these make you realize true value of customer care. I am embarrassed to say - "But I miss Airtel". Gosh! I really blasted those poor airtel guys while giving up my connection. :D

I can understand your pain Viks :rofl:

Today I came across 1Mbps unlimited plan of Reliance @ 1099 pm..Looks good
Any better plan than this for Hyderabad ??

Welcome to Reliance Communications

hello, this is not chepest with compare to other standard service providers. he is the one in city having nonsence services, with my experience i hanve seeen this kind of service provide anyware in the world. i am sincearly suggesting you not to go this kind of useless, unsafe connections. if we go we are wating out wealth and valuable time to this noncesne.

Back