How is Beam Fiber Broadband able to offer incredible plans?

• Thread starter Thread starter gyan.pravu
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 270
  • Views Views 146,696
hello,

this is not chepest with compare to other standard service providers. he is the one in city having nonsence services, with my experience i hanve seeen this kind of service provide anyware in the world. i am sincearly suggesting you not to go this kind of useless, unsafe connections. if we go we are wating out wealth and valuable time to this noncesne.

I had a hard time understanding this, but he is inevitably right!

You're only about half right about all that. Beam purchases bandwidth in bulk from Bharti, Reliance and Tata (by bulk, I mean like 155 or more mbit/s at a time). Given that Beam has its own FTTB network, they can choose to distribute that bandwidth however they see fit, at whatever price allows them to be profitable. BSNL is in no way involved.

Furthermore, Airtel, RCOM and TATA are *NOT* the only ISPs who can provide static IP addresses OR dedicated connections - despitethe fact that the companies providing these services procure their own bandwidth from those Airtel, RCOM and Tata.

Also, there is nothing wrong with Dynamic IPs. APNIC prefers ISPs to distribute IP addresses dynamically rather than statically.

I don't know about previous, but Beam is not buying bandwidth from others.
check: INTERNET SERVICE PROVIDERS ASSOCIATION OF INDIA
at bottom there will be rolling "our members" those are the isps which buy license from GOV. of INDIA.

I am using Beam since 6 months, no problems, best service & support.

@charanCan you give fair usage policy limit details of all Home Packages of Beam

@charan
Can you give fair usage policy limit details of all Home Packages of Beam

Details:

Plan: Speed: Fair usage policy:

B-Max400 256kbps Not applicable to this plan

B-Max600 786kbps Unlimited until 25 GB download and speed reduces to 256 kbps till next month.(resets every month)

B-Max850 1 Mbps Unlimited until 40 GB download and speed reduces to 512 kbps till next month.(resets every month)

B-Max1000 2 MBPS Unlimited until 40 GB download and speed reduces to 1 Mbps till next month.(resets every month)

B-Max1500 4 MBPS Unlimited until "i dont know" and speed reduces to 2 Mbps till next month.(resets every month), i didn't use this plan.

Fair Usage Policy is not applicable to B-Fast Plans.

I don't know about previous, but Beam is not buying bandwidth from others.
check: INTERNET SERVICE PROVIDERS ASSOCIATION OF INDIA
at bottom there will be rolling "our members" those are the isps which buy license from GOV. of INDIA.

I am using Beam since 6 months, no problems, best service & support.

I can assure you that Beam Telecom, as with ALL ISPs in India, procure their international bandwidth from Bharti and/or Reliance and/or Tata. I am sure that if you try a traceroute to any non-Indian IP address (or in some cases, even Indian IP addresses), you will see that the traffic will pass over one of those 3 networks.

Having checked the upstream distribution graphs, it turns out that 100% of Beam's upstream traffic is procured from Tata (which is somewhat unusual because in theory that means no redundancy). AS18209 BEAMCABLE-AS-IN Beam Telecom Pvt Ltd

The ISPAI is merely a voluntary organization to which ISPs can become members if they desire. The full list of license holders (as of 31/12/09) can be found on the DoT website, however merely being a license holder has nothing to do with how you connect to the world.

Was surprised to see the word Best besides Beam.
How can a company whose live support is offline for more then 16 hrs in 24 hrs, become best????
How come best is associated when a customer needs to wait a minimum of 12 minutes to speak with a customer care executive to get his complaint registered????
How come best is attached, when you will never receive a call after leaving your phone number in their IVR??

I am a beamtele user since last 1.5 year but what I can say is that they are cheap but not the best. If you are working and no one stays at home in day time. You will need to wait till the weekend to get your problem rectified because their technician will not be coming after 6 PM and their billing is also very faulty. Try to keep all receipts with you otherwise they may come up with some dues and you may get into trouble. Overall they are not very professional.

Back