How is Nokia N8?

• Thread starter Thread starter shouvik
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 94
  • Views Views 10,925
the entire android ecosystem is better than what symbian has. the quality of apps. the user experience on android. that is why most people suggest android devices these days. symbian is on the verge of becoming the smartphone OS for budget segment devices at Nokia. if you care about new cool apps, you can forget about symbian. if you already know about apps that you want and are available on symbian, then i guess, you can probably skip on android. that's it. the question is more like... you want a device based on Windows? or a device based on Linux? the two platforms are different with different apps availability. devices are just hardware components in the end.

Upvote 0
Does Galaxy S2 has all the features of Nokia N8 (minus the 12 mp camera)?

If not, how is it better then Nokia N8
As operamaniac mentioned, on the software front, it is clearly inferior and on the hardware front, even more so.

Screen - N8 AMOLED - S2 - Super AMOLED+
Processor - N8 - ARM11 680 Mhz S2 - Dual-core XMM6260 - 1.2 Ghz
Screen Resolution - N8 - 640*360 S2 - 800*480
Max. Data Speeds - N8 - 10.2 mbps S2 - 21mbps
Screen Size - N8 - 3.5" S2 - 4.3"
Thickness - N8 - 13mm S2 - 8mm
Video Recording - N8 - 720p@25fps S2 - 1080p @ 30fps

I just don't see any reason for buying the n8 unless the camera is the most important and binding requirement.

Upvote 0
if u use browser a lot.....go for android.....Nokia had shittiest browsers in the markets i think .....that time....when i used that.......Galaxy s browser is like a sexy lady as compared to a fat old lady in nokias:cool4:........don't know how is browser of n8 though.

Upvote 0
well, i am using Nokia N8 since a year now. no issues, but as said in this forum its old now. infact has Apple iPhone 4 as well . looks much better than N8. if needed camera then go for Samsung S2. camera would be equally good if not same.

Upvote 0
And Wt it lags ?? Can anyone list down limitations of N8

Friend on Symbian using the default browser..the browser was hanging like anything :P looks like in Anna ( Anna Hizare ? ) thr is no such problems :P and I dnt think he knw he can update to Anna either...need to msg him to end his browser problem :P

Upvote 0
Even I agree that earlier versions (original N8 one too) really sucks. But now they have improved it a lot.

Some Pics for reference. Bt I haven't used Android, so can't say if its better than that. But if not better then similar to I-phone and better than blackberry.

Upvote 0

Back