How to check BSNL Broadband Account Usage?

• Thread starter Thread starter tkktbl
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2,332
  • Views Views 2,738,051
BSnl id the best isp in india :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:**** the BSNL

I was charged for excess usage of 466MB in the month of APRIL.
See the screenshot of April usage

You can see the highlighted entries. time comes under Night Unlimited.
My usage recorded to exceed free usage by 466 MB becoz of this error.
I recieved my bill in 2nd week of may, immediately approached nearest Telephone exchange, applied for refund. They told me to pay my bill and i would get a refund next month. so i paid the bill.
I got a call yesterday from BSNL that i got a refund of Rs 374. They told me to pay my present bill by deducting that amount. (Rs562-374 = Rs 188)
I've got no hardcopy(intimation) regarding refund

Actually I should get [466*0.80=Rs 374 + Taxes] I paid in that previous bill. So my calculation is i should get a refund of Rs420.20.

Now I'm thinking that, becoz i applied for refund of amount paid for usage b/n 2am-8am, they calculated it and thay might have also calculated the data i downloaded after 8am which sometimes comes under free usage,(If we start d'nload around 7.55 - 30 minutes stretch).
So any i'm not applying for any further refund.

I just wrote this to tell that BSNL is working great for me.
And one more thing to say,
My connection lost(unable to connect,tried for an hour) yesterday.I thought problems started for my BSNL connection. called 18004241600, booked a complaint.They told me that It would be rectified. i tried connecting after 5 hours, To my surprise, problem rectified.
I'm Feeling Great to be a BSNL customer.
So far Too Good

so you got refund eventhough you started before 2AM. 1:57 and 1:59 is before 2 which is not free :) !! Greatand.. time to change from beta to original (firefox 3 beta :P)

bhargawa you are lucky. my exchange engineer told me that logging in before free time will be counted under daytime usage... my friend logged in at 1:58am and logged out as usually few minutes before it striked 8 am. downloaded more than 4500mb in that time. when he got billed for that, he approached t/e and asked for refund. submitted proofs. bsnl staff got him at the above said session and told him "we cannot do anything. fault is with you. please pay bill":( so login before 2am will be counted under daytimes limit

bhargawa you are lucky. my exchange engineer told me that logging in before free time will be counted under daytime usage... my friend logged in at 1:58am and logged out as usually few minutes before it striked 8 am. downloaded more than 4500mb in that time. when he got billed for that, he approached t/e and asked for refund. submitted proofs. bsnl staff got him at the above said session and told him \"we cannot do anything. fault is with you. please pay bill\":( so login before 2am will be counted under daytimes limit

Gr8 info.

But here is the million dollar question.....

How we can keep ourself in sync with BSNL server's time ? May be ur server and my server's time different. Are all BSNL servers in India follow any NTP "Time Synchronization Servers" like time.windows.com, pool.ntp.org, asia.pool.ntp.org, etc ?

Coz every minute matters :wall:

i am using atsync to synchronize my pc time :) bsnl is recording same time(my pc's) which i used to login. now a days there is no time sync prob with bsnl servers i think..:ashamed:

[@vissu
my friend logged in at 1:58am and logged out as usually few minutes before it striked 8 am. downloaded more than 4500mb in that time
Important info he logged out at say 0758AM in 6 hours 4.5 GB
How BSNL staff are convinced that any body can download 4.5GB in 2 minutes viz 1.58AM to 2AM ???!!! Average 720 MB / per hour.
Tell A.O for example free telephone calls from 02 -08. Started talking at 0158 and ended conversation at 0758 ( talking to girlfriend !) he will be charged only one call ( as I think telephone metering has provision for non metering of certain numbers toll free calls etc)
Clear case of deficiency of service ! Even otherwise others have reported metering in 30 minutes block. How your friends usage was recorded for 6 hours in one block continously ?
A recent screenshot :http://i31.tinypic.com/qxw360.jpg
Even little common sense will show that your friend should be charged only for 2 minutes of usage ( say 30 MB). Ask him to approach appealate authorities.or consumer court. for refund.
Take out print out of usage page immediately and email to CC etc.

i am using atsync to synchronize my pc time :) bsnl is recording same time(my pc's) which i used to login. now a days there is no time sync prob with bsnl servers i think..:ashamed:

Ok.. as you said BSNL is recording your PC's time, and lets say you have logged in at 2:05 AM thinking that now I'm in "Night Unlimited" period. But your PC's time is 6 minutes ahead of World time. Then you will land up with huge bill from BSNl as that period will be treated as Day Browsing :cry:

So, my concern is how to be in safer side to use the "Night Unlimited" 2Am-8AM to its fullest. if my PC and server times are synchronized then I can safely login at 2:01 AM and can logout at 7:59AM :yahoo:

Thank you

@/members/urpradhan/
@vissu
Anybody tried DQUF from http//sunish.net and how it calculates the bill for combined free+NU overlap ? . say from 0155AM to 0300 AM
I am on Home 250.

Time in Mumbai

Back