How to check BSNL Broadband Account Usage?

• Thread starter Thread starter tkktbl
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2,332
  • Views Views 2,738,051
[@vissu
Important info he logged out at say 0758AM in 6 hours 4.5 GB
How BSNL staff are convinced that any body can download 4.5GB in 2 minutes viz 1.58AM to 2AM ???!!! Average 720 MB / per hour.
Tell A.O for example free telephone calls from 02 -08. Started talking at 0158 and ended conversation at 0758 ( talking to girlfriend !) he will be charged only one call ( as I think telephone metering has provision for non metering of certain numbers toll free calls etc)
Clear case of deficiency of service ! Even otherwise others have reported metering in 30 minutes block. How your friends usage was recorded for 6 hours in one block continously ?
A recent screenshot :http://i31.tinypic.com/qxw360.jpg
Even little common sense will show that your friend should be charged only for 2 minutes of usage ( say 30 MB). Ask him to approach appealate authorities.or consumer court. for refund.
Take out print out of usage page immediately and email to CC etc.
that bsnl officer told me strongly if session started before free time and logged off in the free time it is considered as single session it comes under chargable usage and billed in the daytime limit completely :wall: may be this is the new way of looting money from customers:whistle:that poor fella paid the bill and changed to unlimited plan :ashamed:

@vissuRegarding refund, You can always approach Consumer Forum. 4500MB is a huge amount to be charged. What I did, I met the Customer Relations Officer at BSNL exchange, He checked my Broadband usage details online thru his computer and agreed that i was billed inappropriately, as timing clearly mentioned. He took the print out of the usage details page(around 15 pages) and gave me a white paper to apply for sufficient refund(addresssed to Commercial officer of same exchange). He marked those two inappropriate entries in biilable usage column with .line marker and attested my application(so that, the commercial officer need not check again). He told me to give those 15 pages(pinned) at the complaints counter of the CSC of that exchange. And I did.The total refund process took around 23 days.My advice is , If the usage records stil available with BSNL, then try going thru some other channel(officer, who speaks good). Any way it is our money.Regarding time sync,My CPU Cell which maintains CPU time is drained. So my system time resets every time powersupply is taken off. So i update my CPU time every tme i start my PC with time.windws.com. Over a period of last one month, I have got no time sync problem with BSNL server. Daily I disconnect and reconnect during 7.58-7.59 and i dont get billed until 8.29 am.

that bsnl officer told me if session is continued from 1:59 to 7:58 with single ip
Chota mian subhan Allah !
Boycott British Language !
We don't understand written documents!
Night Usage 0200-0800 unlimited free means ONLY. that .
How the BSNL metered usage during this period,
starting in earlier time , in blocks of 15 or 30 minutes or continously, till 0800 AM
if some BSNL official interprets the usage, as per his own
whims and fancies , as NOT FREE, It must be challenged.

Follow up with higher authorities.

It seems lot of people are facing billing issues mostly regarding charged NU. :(So which is the best practice to use NU safely? Log in at 0215 hrs and logout at 0745 hrs? :wall:

connect at 2.02 am (time.windows.com ... working for me)disconnect at 7.58 am.If you feel , you lost 4 broadband minutes,reconnect immediately diconnect at 8.28 am

connect at 2.02 am (time.windows.com ... working for me)
disconnect at 7.58 am.

If you feel , you lost 4 broadband minutes,
reconnect immediately
diconnect at 8.28 am

This is what I was expecting bro. Thank you for sharing.

But the Nu is from 2Am-8AM. So disconnect at 7:58AM. Till now I understood. Then why you are logging in and logged out at 8:28 AM ? Is that period is also FREE :yahoo: Can you plz explain this ?
Thanx

well, eventhough i dont know exactly, what he meant was, they calculate 30 min slots.. So, if you login before 8, and logout before 8.30, it may not be counted.
I am not sure on this..!!! Why taking trouble!!!!! leave those 4 minutes :)

This is what I was expecting bro. Thank you for sharing.

But the Nu is from 2Am-8AM. So disconnect at 7:58AM. Till now I understood. Then why you are logging in and logged out at 8:28 AM ? Is that period is also FREE :yahoo: Can you plz explain this ?
Thanx

As Said by appus in the above post, BSNL records our data usage in time intervals of 30 minutes starting from the second we log into internet.So if we log in at 7.58.00am it reads as if we logged it in "nightunlimited" time, so our usage during that record(upto 8.28.00 = 30 mins) will be under free usage. even If we donot disconnect at 8.28 the next data usage reading will initiate at 8.28.01. This does not come under night unlimited..

**PLEASE NOTE**
All the above subject to current BSNL Data usage billing Procedure. It is no where mentioned by any BSNL official/webpage that data usage will be recorded in 30 minute intervals.

I feel, this is an attractive trap for BSNL broadband users set by BSNL(unintentional).They can change/upgrade their methods anytime.

If many customers start using this trick and download upto 8.29, One month end they suddenly correct their software and limit night usage strictly upto 8.00., This can fetch BSNL some additional crores of rupees, and will blast the bills of many customers
So, from tomorrow i'm not going to use that trick.

Back