How to check BSNL Broadband Account Usage?

• Thread starter Thread starter tkktbl
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2,332
  • Views Views 2,738,051
Hi everybody,
I have BSNL Home 500 plan with 2 am to 8 am night-time free hours.I have seen a problem with the BB usage that i check on the BSNL - Broadband Account Management website.
Lets say i log on to the net at 10 pm at night and i am online after 2 am after midnight. now the account usage will show intervals of approximately 30 mins start and stop times of connection . To give a clear idea its like this:

start time | stop time | total (in kb) | chargeable(kb)

2008-07-02 2008-07-02 2121 2121
(1:36:50) (1:45:19)

2008-07-02 2008-07-02 182548 182548
(1:52:02) (2:22:54)

so u can see that log on time after 2am (which is to be taken as unlimited download) is taken in as chargeable usage whereas it shud be only from 1:52 to 2 am that shud be chargeable and from 2 am onwards it shud be under unlimited usage. anybody else facing this problem?
I think this problem is with users who have the new domain(bsnl.in)
Can u guys pls tell me whom shud i report this to? i do not get clear responses from the toll free customer service that bsnl has.
also the same problem happens wen theres is a month change.. after 12 am usage shud be considered for next month;s bandwidth , but they have included it in prev month's usage.

Pls help guys...
Regards

so u can see that log on time after 2am (which is to be taken as unlimited download) is taken in as chargeable usage whereas it shud be only from 1:52 to 2 am that shud be chargeable and from 2 am onwards it shud be under unlimited usage

See as you already have noticed user sessions rounded to 30 minutes. So if you connect at 1:59AM and continue with the same session, then for the next 30minutes, ie, upto 2:29AM it will be considered as PAID session, as you ve logged-in in a PAID time period.

Similarly if you connect at 7:59AM and will continue with that session then for next 30minutes,ie, upto 8:28AM it will be considered as FREE usage as you have logged-in in a FREE time period.

Hope its clear now. So its better to have a session like .....
2:02AM (connect) -> 7:57AM (disconnect) &
7:58AM (connect) -> 8:26AM (disconnect)

:dance::yahoo::dance:

NOte: Keeping 2 minutes in ourside in each session, for possible mismatch of time sync with BSNL server

But that is obviously incorrect billing.when i had bsnl bb 2 years back, it never used to happen that way. after 2am usage wud automatically be considered in non-chargeable units. bsnl shud rectify this bug in the software.they just cannot mess around with customers in this way...

@/rzeus/Two years back DATAOne with IP 59.xx.xx.xx . no problems checking usage, either at BSNL web site or with external applns like DataFox Dataone quick Usage Finder, Shaplus etc.Now all are "bugged " with IP 117.xx.xx.xx, and most probably the software is being developed in house. To my email to NIB , they said it will stabilise within next two months !MTNL have cleared advised users to disconnect and reconnect for free NU.Airtel does not record free NU at all.So take the advantage as mentioned by @upradhan. !Wait for bill next month. !

But that is obviously incorrect billing.when i had bsnl bb 2 years back, it never used to happen that way. after 2am usage wud automatically be considered in non-chargeable units.
bsnl shud rectify this bug in the software.they just cannot mess around with customers in this way...

Ideally you are correct, but I do not think its a bad thing as we can take advantage of another 30min in morning :dance:If we are getting some benefit then we should be happy for this.

@rzeus

My friend was a victim of the same. So please beware. Just reconfirm and use it ! Dont take risk and end up in paying huge bill !

If we can take care of something, it is well and good.

Just contact the BSNL people and ask (someone who knows about it). If you can, please update it aswell !

thanks

i too got new interface...but thing is they are not updating regularly and there are some errors like wrong date...

today date is aug 2..but they have updated for future 2008-08-05 for start date and end date too..how come they update for future...:cry:

bsnl limited plan realy sucks to core:wall:.couldnt check usage regularly ,wrong date entry,not updating daily :cry:...better to go unlimited plan...

Back