How to check BSNL Broadband Account Usage?

• Thread starter Thread starter tkktbl
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2,332
  • Views Views 2,738,036
Check here:data.bsnl.in

Hello,

From last few days I'm seeing some discrepancies in my usage details. I have 500C+ bsnl connection, 2-8 unlimited hours. If you see the details you'll get the idea:

12:19:33 AM - 02:19:39 AM 239875 KB (18Nov)
12:24:26 AM - 02:24:31 AM 145727 KB (20Nov)
These to rows showing I've down/uploaded 239+140 mb within 12a.m to 2.30 a.m, whereas in reality I'm very much sure that amount was downloaded within 2.00 a.m to 2.30 a.m time period, which fall under free hours. Because I'm using scheduler which starts from 2.00 a.m. So, how they're calculating this slots? Why they started from 12.00a.m till 2.30a.m?

If anybody have similar experience please suggest me something. I want to know whom I can intimate this matter to. I'm in hyderabad.

Thanks in advance,
Regards.

Hello,

From last few days I'm seeing some discrepancies in my usage details. I have 500C+ bsnl connection, 2-8 unlimited hours. If you see the details you'll get the idea:

12:19:33 AM - 02:19:39 AM 239875 KB (18Nov)
12:24:26 AM - 02:24:31 AM 145727 KB (20Nov)
These to rows showing I've down/uploaded 239+140 mb within 12a.m to 2.30 a.m, whereas in reality I'm very much sure that amount was downloaded within 2.00 a.m to 2.30 a.m time period, which fall under free hours. Because I'm using scheduler which starts from 2.00 a.m. So, how they're calculating this slots? Why they started from 12.00a.m till 2.30a.m?

If anybody have similar experience please suggest me something. I want to know whom I can intimate this matter to. I'm in hyderabad.

Thanks in advance,
Regards.

I'm using scheduler which starts from 2.00 a.m.
Reprogram, to switch off modem at 0155 and restart at 0205 and then again off at 0755AM ( wide safety margin for free Night usage )

Repeatedly, it has been mentioned in this forum, to use the scheduler, to switch off Modem at about 0155 and then restart 0205 to avoid these overlapping entries.

The usage counter , will run as long the computer+ modem is on and
even if idle some usage will be shown. Probably it has been programmed
to switch off in 30 minutes block. Now you have a problem if these two d/l are counted against paid usage.

Same way any down load between 0755AM and 0825 will not count !
Test and confirm :Keep computer/modem on from 0745 and surf only from 0800 till 0815. check entries later.

Save the History of web sites visited for these two days. ( night period.)
Also any record in the Download manager you used.

Thanks for the reply.

The usage counter , will run as long the computer+ modem is on and
even if idle some usage will be shown. Probably it has been programmed
to switch off in 30 minutes block. Now you have a problem if these two d/l are counted against paid usage.

Though I'm not sure about the answer. If, probably, its a 30 minutes block, how the block can start randomly from any time between 12.00 A.m - 12.30 A.M and continue till 2.00- 2.30 A.M?

Ok, I'll try to restart the modem like you said and check.

Thanks,

Thanks for the reply.

Though I'm not sure about the answer. If, probably, its a 30 minutes block, how the block can start randomly from any time between 12.00 A.m - 12.30 A.M and continue till 2.00- 2.30 A.M?

Ok, I'll try to restart the modem like you said and check.

Thanks,

You have to switch on the modem and get connected to Internet.
The usage meter starts immediately. From here waits for stop signal.
Since NU period has clashed , may be programmed to switch after 30 minute blocks. ( say 8 or nine blocks starting at random time )
If there was a power failure , this block would have been split into two.

Caveat emptor " Buyer beware !

During November 2008 all BSNL BB users are
allowed double the allowed usage.
say 1GB plan can download 2 GB and 2.5 GB plan can download 5 GB)
( *conditions apply) see another recent thread on this today.
For AP users , contact CC and confirm. offer not posted in their web site.

Made complaint here. limit o 30 or 40 words
Welcome To APtelecom ::: Bharath Sanchar Nigam Ltd.

thanx for providing the link...bsnl changes the link yet they do not confirm the subscribers, what is going on & on???

Back