How to check BSNL Broadband Account Usage?

• Thread starter Thread starter tkktbl
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2,332
  • Views Views 2,737,969
BSNL had set up another customer care portal some time ago. BSNL Customer Care

I had lodged a complaint back in 2007. Imagine my surprise when a received an e-mail response one week back (aka in 2010). It took them three years to consider my request!

BSNL had set up another customer care portal some time ago. BSNL Customer Care

I had lodged a complaint back in 2007. Imagine my surprise when a received an e-mail response one week back (aka in 2010). It took them three years to consider my request!
The difference now Broadband usage etc added.
They have started restricting access to data.bsnl.in and trying to decentralise to different
towns etc.
May be they had issued tender to different companies , and each circles selfcare is different.
Chennai Circle selfcare limited to Phone only works best.
All complaints relate to Ip 117.xx.xx.xx . I don't find any complaints/feedbacks from Dataone users like me Ip 59.xx.xx.xx .

@aesouza
Try to make a complaint here.
General Complaints
Also here.
From grievance scroll and select suitable sub section.
http://mis.bsnl.co.in/pgs/internet/pgwebregn.asp

The difference now Broadband usage etc added.
They have started restricting access to data.bsnl.in and trying to decentralise to different
towns etc.
May be they had issued tender to different companies , and each circles selfcare is different.
Chennai Circle selfcare limited to Phone only works best.
All complaints relate to Ip 117.xx.xx.xx . I don't find any complaints/feedbacks from Dataone users like me Ip 59.xx.xx.xx .

Essbebe, when I download my BB usage, I get a file named "BBUsageSessionDetails+List". No spaces, no file extension. I can open this file in Excel (MS Office 2007) after ignoring 2-3 error messages.

And today, 25/04, at ~17:45 h, the latest data of my usage is @ 15:57:20 on 20/4.

Since I'm not on a night-time free plan, the lack of detail is not a concern to me, but at least one other poster here is not getting those details.

so how we suppose to know our usage details. this problem is up for few weeks now. they should temporarily start their old usage portal until the problem get resolved.

Since your Id is not abcd @ dataone.in
and ip 59.xx.xx.xx , you cannot access these usage portals.
Use FireFox Browser with Add On Data fox
and enter your newportalID/PW in the program.
Your usage will be shown , for month selected , and from here you may access main portal.
if your ID is abcd@ bsnl.in
only site http:/data.bsnl.in open this web site , if a scroll message appear to go to a selfcare page for Kolkatta users , register there with your own choice of ID and PW , and log in
for Selfcare page menu mostly for Telephones/online payment etc and
broadband usage link.
seems unofficial trial. Not mentioned in main portal scroll message.
4. SMS warning usually for abcd @ bsnl.in
Feel BSNL is decentralising the usage data, and staff at SSA do not update the data, problems arise for users.

Advise: download NetWorX free application
( SoftPerfectResearch web site )
Bandwidth monitor, bandwidth speed test, bandwidth and traffic monitoring tool for Windows
and keep track of your BB usage on hourly/daily/weekly/monthly basis from today.
feedback.

I am glad that I am having Unlimited Plan. I don't have to use such stupid Portals anytime!

Also, I am wondering how many of the customers are really using BSNL Broadband Free Email Account! :) LOL BSNL has to say thanks to Gmail/Hotmail/Yahoo... Because of these, nobody uses BSNL Email Server and they don't have to monitor the servers at all. I am sure, BSNL Mail server hardware must have been moved to some BSNL officer's home for Kids usage/games! :inodding:

---------- Post added at 07:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:29 PM ----------

After re-reading the above posts... I guess we should change the Title of this thread from "BSNL" to "BSNHell".

Whatever said... I accept that BSNL has a very good infrastructure than any other ISP... But they are majorly failing due to their Customer Care/Support/Portal. All the fail credits go to the Govt style work!

Since today, the new CDR portal is opening at a descent speed. Also noticed that they have updated broadband usage details till 28th of this month. But still no differentiation between Happy Hours usage, they show the total usage. Unable to use 'Export in Excel' as it saves it in XML format. But i somehow managed to open it in excel, used some formatting and used Auto-filter to exclude Happy Hours usage. But still its a lengthy process.Many other features still missing which they had promised, like Telephone Call Details, etc. Online payment link is still not working (which is most important for me, as i pay all my utility bills online).

Back