How to check BSNL Broadband Account Usage?

• Thread starter Thread starter tkktbl
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2,332
  • Views Views 2,737,970
@ anushka...
try Shaplus bandwidth meter.. d/l it frm http://www.shaplus.com :) this solved my problem...

and by any means.. do u live in kolkata..then ill reinstall all those stuff for only 100 bucks .. lol. :D :lol:

QUOTE(anushka @ Jun 4 2006, 11:44 AM) [snapback]53183[/snapback]
unable to uninstall ie
[/b]
HI, Go to Tools on top,then Internet options,in Iternet options go to Privacy,in Settings move the Slider to the Lowest point,click Apply ,OK and it will work, afterwards you can again set the slider to 4 notches Up for your security to medium/high.

QUOTE(anushka @ Jun 5 2006, 11:48 AM) [snapback]53295[/snapback]
thx all people who tried to help but problem isnt been solved.

any way thx.

Alternativly, goig to "format" the HD & reinstall the os hope this could work.(It costs atleast Rs.250 here in our city but I think now its the last way)

if it doesnt I'll be in touch with the forum.

once again thx all of u.

bye
[/b]
HI, Go to Tools on top,then Internet options,in Iternet options go to Privacy,in Settings move the Slider to the Lowest point,click Apply ,OK and it will work, afterwards you can again set the slider to 4 notches Up for your security to medium/high.

QUOTE(jas @ Jun 8 2006, 10:14 AM) [snapback]53590[/snapback]
[/b]
HI After doing the baove retype URL 10.240.43.216 and clik it will open the portal bsnl log in page .

Hi Anushka, There is no need to reinstal windows ,u will be wasting money and time, no problem with windows/IE, this happens ''off and on''and even after reinstalling IE/windows u will continue to get this problem from ''time to time '' The solution lies in what i wrote earlier[if it is not working re-boot after changing the privacy settings and or delete temporary internet files/cookies from internet options ] or try all these combinations and it Works,and after doing that u MUST Retype the bsnl portal URL and Enter then only u will be able to access the log in page,NOT with the earlier URL, everytime u have to follow this procedure whenever it says ''cookies not enabled'', it is not a big problem at all,just get used to it,best of luck

Checking Dataone E-Mails and Account Usuage

It took me a heck time to find out the account usuage. I have to even speak with the Support Engineers who even couldn't guide to find me the Account Usuage page. Finally I had to find it myself. The link on the www.dataone.in "Check your account usuage" is itself very confusing as it redirects to another page. I have just written this small guidelines for checking the account usuage as well as mails.

Note : For checking your email account or account usuage use Internet explorer. because they do not support any other browser. While I at my home use Firefox all the time. But for account usuage I use Internet Explorer.

To check your email account:

go to the site www.dataone.in(Bookmark this page so that you don't need to remember it all the time or keep searching for it)
Steps to bookmark.

[*] Once the page is fully loaded. Click on Favorites
[*] Click on Add to Favorites
[*] Enter in the input box next to Name "Dataone Web Mail "(enter without the Double quotes).
You can enter any other text such as Mail account or anything that you can remember.
[*] Click on OK button
[/list]On the page you will find Check your usuage link. Clicking on this link will not yield anything
but will redirect you to www.Sancharnet.in . which ofcourse will provide you another link for checking your account usuage which will give you an error message "user id not found". The details of the checking the account usuage is given below in another section.

Enter your user name in the format [email protected] in the input box provided.otherwise you will get an error.

for example if the username is vinod_k then enter it as [email protected] Enter the password and click on login.

On successful login you will enter your mail account

To check your Account Usuage:

Go to the site http://10.240.43.216/webLogin.jsp (BookMark it as in the steps above. I have given the name Dataone Account Usuage).
[*]Once the page is loaded.
[*] Enter the username and password without the domain name (for example if the user name is
vinod_k enter it as vinod_k and then password).
[*]click on login
[*]click on Service Records.
[*]Select the month for which you want to query.
[*]Click on the Drop down box Select the Service you want to query. click on All Services
[*]Click on the Drop down box Select the domain you want to query. Click on All Domains.
[*]Click on OK button
[*] Here you will see many columns.
[*]On the top you will see Total Send Volume (GB) : This is the data that was send or uploaded
during surfing. You will see the data in GB. (multiply it by 1000 to get the data in MB i.e. Mega bytes since 1 GB=1000 MB )
For example : Total Send Volume : 0.025 is (0.025 x 1000 = 25 MB)
[*]Next you will see Total Receive Volume. This is the data that is downloaded during surfing.
for example : Total Receive Volume : 0.108 (0.108 x 1000 = 108 MB)
[*]You will see Total Volume (GB). This is the most important thing because this is what we are billed upon.
Total Send Volume + Total Receive Volume. Here it is 108 + 25 = 133 MB.
Total Volume(GB)= 0.133 is (0.133 x 1000 = 133 MB).
[*]Next you will see Total Duration in hours.
[*]Immediately below you will see [Next Page] and [Last Page] and GoTo. Along with the number of Pages and the Total Records
[*]Below that you will see your entire session on day to day basis. The first column mentions your plan such as Plan:HOME500 Speed-256 Kbps.
[*]Next column mentions the Start time and the next column mentions Stop Time.The date in the YYYY/MM/DD format.(2006/05/29) and the time is in 24 hour HH:MM:SS (22:29:30). The date is arranged in descending order. The most recent date to the latter date. (for example 31/5/2006 will be on the top of the first page and 1/5/2006 will be on the bottom of last page.)
[*] Next column is the Send[KB]. data send in Kilobytes.
[*]Next Column is the Receive[KB] data received in Kilobytes
[*]Next column is the Total[KB]. (data send + data received). This includes the surfing between 2 am and 8 am.
[*]Next is Duration[seconds]
[*]Next is Traffic(KB)(excluding night unlimited[For HOME 500/1000/1800/3300 plan only]).: This excludes the surfing or downloading between 2 am to 8 am. So you can find the data downloaded during 2 am and 8 am by subtracting this column with Total[KB].
[*]All steps over. Enjoy surfing
[/list]

By this time; I hope your problem is solved. If not, try writing http://10.240.0.195 or 10.240.43.216 directly in the IE address bar and click enter, this should solve problem. If not, again you get signal as "cookies???" etc., edit the address bar; delete whatever is appearing after http://10.240.0.195 or 10.240.43.216 and click enter this should solve your problem. I feel nothing is wrong with our PC system. All goof up is always at BSNL level. Nothing matters just sit on this problem for few more days and link itself will start on its own. For your double verification you can download free broadband usage monitoring tool The RAS Logger System v3.0 (28.08.2004)

QUOTE(kvins @ Jun 11 2006, 11:39 AM) [snapback]53751[/snapback]

Checking Dataone E-Mails and Account Usuage B)

It took me a heck time to find out the account usuage. I have to even speak with the Support Engineers who even couldn't guide to find me the Account Usuage page. Finally I had to find it myself. The link on the www.dataone.in \"Check your account usuage\" is itself very confusing as it redirects to another page. I have just written this small guidelines for checking the account usuage as well as mails.

Note : For checking your email account or account usuage use Internet explorer. because they do not support any other browser. While I at my home use Firefox all the time. But for account usuage I use Internet Explorer.

To check your email account:

go to the site www.dataone.in(Bookmark this page so that you don't need to remember it all the time or keep searching for it)
Steps to bookmark.

[*] Once the page is fully loaded. Click on Favorites
[*] Click on Add to Favorites
[*] Enter in the input box next to Name \"Dataone Web Mail \"(enter without the Double quotes).
You can enter any other text such as Mail account or anything that you can remember.
[*] Click on OK button
[/list]On the page you will find Check your usuage link. Clicking on this link will not yield anything
but will redirect you to www.Sancharnet.in . which ofcourse will provide you another link for checking your account usuage which will give you an error message \"user id not found\". The details of the checking the account usuage is given below in another section.

Enter your user name in the format [email protected] in the input box provided.otherwise you will get an error.

for example if the username is vinod_k then enter it as [email protected] Enter the password and click on login.

On successful login you will enter your mail account

To check your Account Usuage:

Go to the site http://10.240.43.216/webLogin.jsp (BookMark it as in the steps above. I have given the name Dataone Account Usuage).
[*]Once the page is loaded.
[*] Enter the username and password without the domain name (for example if the user name is
vinod_k enter it as vinod_k and then password).
[*]click on login
[*]click on Service Records.
[*]Select the month for which you want to query.
[*]Click on the Drop down box Select the Service you want to query. click on All Services
[*]Click on the Drop down box Select the domain you want to query. Click on All Domains.
[*]Click on OK button
[*] Here you will see many columns.
[*]On the top you will see Total Send Volume (GB) : This is the data that was send or uploaded
during surfing. You will see the data in GB. (multiply it by 1000 to get the data in MB i.e. Mega bytes since 1 GB=1000 MB )
For example : Total Send Volume : 0.025 is (0.025 x 1000 = 25 MB)
[*]Next you will see Total Receive Volume. This is the data that is downloaded during surfing.
for example : Total Receive Volume : 0.108 (0.108 x 1000 = 108 MB)
[*]You will see Total Volume (GB). This is the most important thing because this is what we are billed upon.
Total Send Volume + Total Receive Volume. Here it is 108 + 25 = 133 MB.
Total Volume(GB)= 0.133 is (0.133 x 1000 = 133 MB).
[*]Next you will see Total Duration in hours.
[*]Immediately below you will see [Next Page] and [Last Page] and GoTo. Along with the number
of Pages and the Total Records
[*]Below that you will see your entire session on day to day basis. The first column mentions
your plan such as Plan:HOME500 Speed-256 Kbps.
[*]Next column mentions the Start time and the next column mentions Stop Time.The date in the
YYYY/MM/DD format.(2006/05/29) and the time is in 24 hour HH:MM:SS (22:29:30). The date is
arranged in descending order. The most recent date to the latter date. (for example 31/5/2006
will be on the top of the first page and 1/5/2006 will be on the bottom of last page.)
[*] Next column is the Send[KB]. data send in Kilobytes.
[*]Next Column is the Receive[KB] data received in Kilobytes
[*]Next column is the Total[KB]. (data send + data received). This includes the surfing between
2 am and 8 am.
[*]Next is Duration[seconds]
[*]Next is Traffic(KB)(excluding night unlimited[For HOME 500/1000/1800/3300 plan only]).: This
excludes the surfing or downloading between 2 am to 8 am. So you can find the data downloaded
during 2 am and 8 am by subtracting this column with Total[KB].
[*]All steps over. Enjoy surfing :)
[/list]
[/b]

Or simply use DataOne usage finder from ShaPlus

QUOTE(Pankaj Atre @ Jun 15 2006, 10:03 PM) [snapback]53948[/snapback]
Or simply use DataOne usage finder from ShaPlus
[/b]

Ignorance is NOT bliss
Get the conversion factors right.

1000 kb is not 1 mb but 0.9765625 mb
and
1000 mb = 0.9765625 gb

QUOTE(nobheja @ Jun 16 2006, 03:12 PM) [snapback]53998[/snapback]
Ignorance is NOT bliss
Get the conversion factors right.

1000 kb is not 1 mb but 0.9765625 mb
and
1000 mb = 0.9765625 gb
[/b]

CORRECTION of my previous posting

1000 kbytes = 0.9765625 mbytes

1000 mbytes = 0.975625 gbytes

Dewd...dont mind it...but u could have simply edited your post...u didnt have to quote yourself in the same post and correct urself...;)

Back