How to check BSNL Broadband Account Usage?

• Thread starter Thread starter tkktbl
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2,332
  • Views Views 2,737,973
I got a DataOne connection last week with the 900 unlimited package. Being the compulsive downloader that I am, I've been using it quite a lot and must have downloaded at least a couple of GB of data since. The BSNL website doesn't seem to agree though. It tells me I've logged in only once for about 4 minutes and that my total bandwidth usage is some 600 kb! It also says my current status is 'offline' even though I'm logged in and checking the usage from the same account. I tried the DUH tool to check usage and it seems to agree with BSNL. What could be wrong? Not that I'm worried since the plan is for unlimited usage, but I would still like to know why this is happening.

Hello mate,
Just happened to see ur post regarding the usage check. I too have a 900 unlimited connection, but BSNL didn't give me the password, they says that, they have a writtern instruction not to give the passwords. How did u get your password? Is there a way to get the password from BSNL?

Cheers,
Joe
QUOTE(Ashish @ Aug 12 2006, 10:16 AM) [snapback]58301[/snapback]
I got a DataOne connection last week with the 900 unlimited package. Being the compulsive downloader that I am, I've been using it quite a lot and must have downloaded at least a couple of GB of data since.
What could be wrong? Not that I'm worried since the plan is for unlimited usage, but I would still like to know why this is happening.
[/b]

what do u mean by "they didn't give me the password". Then how are you able to connect? Have they entered the password in your router and you connect directly through the router. How can they not give you your password? Are they stupids?

^ rather they are clever . if they cant bind the ports to phone numbers of the dataone unlimited connections then they donot give the password . they put the usename & password into the modem /router . And they also change the login password of modem/router . And keep them secret .This is happening at some Locations ...

They pre-configured the modem and brought it for set up at my home. I asked them to give it, and they said they have written instructions, not to give the password. Fortunately, they haven't changed admin access to modem/router.

Just wanted to whether this is across India or only in some locations.

QUOTE(seshu @ Aug 18 2006, 10:52 PM) [snapback]58974[/snapback]
^ rather they are clever .

if they cant bind the ports to phone numbers of
the dataone unlimited connections then they
donot give the password .

they put the usename & password into the modem /
router . And they also change the login password
of modem/router . And keep them secret .

This is happening at some Locations ...
[/b]

^ As I understand it from different community forums ,this is happening all over India . when I asked a senioremployee of BSNL Dataone , it is happening only at someLocations , where ports binding to Phone numbers is not feasible ...

QUOTE(Joe_IN @ Aug 19 2006, 11:22 AM) [snapback]59048[/snapback]
They pre-configured the modem and brought it for set up at my home. I asked them to give it, and they said they have written instructions, not to give the password. Fortunately, they haven't changed admin access to modem/router.

Just wanted to whether this is across India or only in some locations.
[/b]
First of all, I really doubt whether there is indeed such an instruction, at least no such instruction exists in west bengal. So, I suggest that u demand to inspect that instruction (they r bound to give them, as per the Rights to Information Act). If it fails, go higher up, like visit the JTO(Broadband), then Area Manager of your care, then D.E. (Broadband) and finally to the C.G.M.. You are legally entitled to get your own password.
[ Even if they manage to show u some printed or xeroxed paper, read it carefully and see whether the person issued the instruction, if any, is really authorised to give such instruction. There are enough instances where unauthorised persons had issued instructions out of their sheer whim, and u can easily counter it by referring the same to the higher authorities.]

Secondly, what would have happened if u opted for modem purchase from outside?? Then they couldn't have set the password for u, and farthermore tell them that u don't want to connect using the modem, u want to connect with the Windows Dialer instead.

Thirdly, the default password for dataone connection is "xyz123", and I suggest that u try that, as u laready know ur User ID.

The entire Broadband Administration (meaning, the policy and control including the preparation of broadband bills) is done from Bangalore, so all over India the same rule should be in vouge.

Back