How to check BSNL Broadband Account Usage?

• Thread starter Thread starter tkktbl
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2,332
  • Views Views 2,737,984
QUOTE(Keysguitar @ Apr 3 2007, 12:24 PM) [snapback]85958[/snapback]
Go to - Network CONNECTION - Right Click - Properties - Lan - Properties - Use the following IP ADDRESS - Ip address - 192.168.1.10 - Subnet mask - 255.255.255.0 - Default gateway - 192.168.1.1

Use the following DNS Server address - Preferred DNS Server - 218.248.240.23 - Alternate DNS Server - 218.248.255.145
This will also make your Outlook Express work after you configure it as given. Now you'll be able to access the page dataone.in as it is & will be able to View your details.[/b]

AFTER DOING THE ABOVE STEPS, THE PROBLEM STILL PERSISTS..

QUOTE(gaurav agarwal @ Apr 5 2007, 08:44 AM) [snapback]86261[/snapback]
AFTER DOING THE ABOVE STEPS, THE PROBLEM STILL PERSISTS..[/b]

Check this out :)
https://broadband.forum/New-BSNL-Portal-t12824.html

17 to 28 feb = 12 daystotal days in feb = 28so u get 1024*12/28 MBs free for feb.same way feb bill will be 250*12/28 Rs

I am having dataone plan 250 since sept.2005
I have observed that from 1st Jan.2007 onwards (apparently after the BSNL changed speed from 256 Kbps to 2Mbps.) there is sudden rise in upload/download usage. It is approx. 10 times more than the actual page size.
I am operating in the same fashion and about same time a month.
I have recently also observed that even when I do not open the internet explorer still the counter shows increasing upload/ download, which it should not.

I have thoroughly scanned my computer using up to date antivirus software. Still the problem persists.

I also complained with BSNL but of no use.
Is it possible that BSNL has set usage counter for my connection by mistake more by one decimal point?

Has anyone experienced this type of proble?

get urself a firewall and a good anti spyware software..another thing.. with 256kbps, it would take longer for pages to load, with 2mbps, it takes a lot less time.. so.. u can view more websites in the same time u spend in front of the comp.. that could explain a little of the excess usage.. also.. the fact that ur net shows constant activity means some application is accessing the net and hence increasing ur traffic.. thus the firewall and antispyware..

It seems pretty much true that the d/u limit has suddenly increased as compared to earlier.Just crossed 150 mark (of my 1 gb limit) with in 2 days :redface: Krish

heheha! some1 correctly named 2007 as year of fraudband!

switch off the modem when you are not using internet..i have observed that there were some data transfers going on, even when i was not browsing or downloading..

Some program either legit or illegit is accessing your net, that's the only explanation, get a spyware asap.

hey man u r right, even i am facin same problem, i have observed and even caught bsnl in my account,and that is right when u r not usin internet put off ur modem otherwise ur data transfer is goin on even u r not surfin, bsnl is really bastard.

Back