How to check BSNL Broadband Account Usage?

• Thread starter Thread starter tkktbl
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2,332
  • Views Views 2,738,029
Thank you very much cook_techie.

Problem resolved - I went to local exchange, contacted the SDO and then JTO who gave me the 14 digit PortelID.

Let me now eliminate few myths I came across while looking for a solution:

Both old and new users need following to connect Broadband:
1) UserID - a unique id.
2) Password (which was "password" in my case).
Both these things are usually provided by the man who come to install BB connection (in case modem is bought or taken from BSNL). If one uses own modem, this information might be provided by somebody over the phone.

Check usages:
Old Users [whose IP is 57.XX.XX.XX. This could be checked in DOS by following command (without quotes): "ipconfig /all"] need following:
1) Open http://10.240.64.195/webLogin.jsp in browser.
2) Login with your Broadband UserID and Password [the ones used to connect broadband].
3) Done.

New Users [whose IP is 117.XX.XX.XX. This could be checked in DOS by following command (without quotes): "ipconfig /all"] need following:
1) PortalID - a unique 14 digit ID. [One should ask for this to the guy who come to install BB or who tells BB UserID and Password over the phone. The only other way to fetch it, is your nearest BSNL office. Probably the JTO would give you this. Neither the Customer Care (1800-424-1600) nor the HelpDesk people know could tell anything about it.]
2) Password [Would probably be the same as BB login Password, still check this while getting PortalID].

3) Open http://p3hosting.bsnl.in:9080/BroadBandCustomerPortal/
4) Done - No blank page etc. [I am able to use this from FireFox as well as IE. I can check it from my office computer running on SIFY network].

Changing Password(s):
1) The portel where you check your usages allows you to change both Protal and BroadBand Password. You can change them any number of times.

Mail Account:
1) Being a new user, I got my new MailID in following fashion:
[email protected] - [Where UserID is id to connect BB]
I am able to log on to this account at this page:
Login
2) One can configure Outlook or Outlook Express for this account, instructions are provided at here:
Dataone Mail Client Configuration
3) Initially Password for this account is same as [BB Password] and one can change it after logging on above page.

Once again thank you very much everybody here to help and assist me.

Cheers,
Vipin.

essbebe, That was not my PortalID. I rushed today to BSNL office and got it from them.

I have few questions now:
1) I read here [http://www.tekabhi.blogspot.com/2007/08/how-to-speed-up-your-broadband-speed.html] that providing an alternative DNS server would speed up Broadband - Has anyone tried this? Is this correct? Is it safe?
2) Seems all UserIDs are binded with Modem so is it safe to provide this BroadBand UserID and Password to others? Or one can connect to internet using this UID and Password on any other modem or router?

Thanks again,
Vipin.

BTW essbebe, the PortalID is of 14 digits and not of 17 digits.

@vipin.r Congrats and thanks for detailed instructions.
Just curious whether the Portal ID IS RJJP2007xxxxxx (14 digits)
and not what you posted earlier RJJP20071131454 ( 15 digits)

@ seshu PQ level ???!!!!!

@vipin.r
nice to know that u were able 2 check usage.............are u also geting the usage in paise coloumn............know anything abt it??

cool_techie, essbebe and deepakj

essbebe, the PortalID is not the one I provided earlier neither it has anything with that. They have provided the PortalID in this fashion:
AAABBBDDMMYYYY - Where AAA are first three letters of my UserID, BBB are three random numbers and DDMMYYYY is full date when I think probably the BB A/C was created for me. However I got connection after two days of this date.

deepakj.. I have noticed that but I don't know what those paise are. However I am checking them and would tell you soon. You should select "Unbilled Usages" and click "Consolidated Usages" that would give you exact upload+download and charges in Rs. (not in paise).

I just checked that again and found that they have charged my total upload+download @ Rs. 0.80 [since I have Home Combo plan. see page: Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd.]. You had mentioned that you are on Rs. 250 plan, so that might have got charged to you @ Rs. 0.90
For unbilled usages, they do not deduct the free limit so you should simply check the "Consolidated Usages" and deduct 1024000 KB from it for your free limit, rest is chargable.

All, my below questions are still unanswered, any reply would be appreciated:
1) I read here [Tips N Tricks collection: How To Speed Up your BroadBand Speed ] that providing an alternative DNS server would speed up Broadband - Has anyone tried this? Is this correct? Is it safe?
2) Seems all UserIDs are binded with Modem so is it safe to provide this BroadBand UserID and Password to others? Or one can connect to internet using this UID and Password on any other modem or router?

Thanks,
Vipin.

^
Q1 : open DNS can be used when you have a problem with assigned
DNS . many use open DNS entries . and it is believed that using open
DNS is not (much) harmful .

other community forums had a good discussion on using open DNS .

Q2 : it is not safe to give the user ID and password to others .

@ deepakj
Total Amount(In Rupees)
Total Data Transfer(In KB) --------Total Amount(In Rupees)

3941712 --------------------------111
this is something related with ur usage in time other than NU.
divide this 111 by 0.80 if ur in H500 and by 0.90 if ur in H250
u will get ~138 (in case of 0.80).
And this 138 is my usage for the present month in time other than NU.
so there wont be any extra bandwidth usage bill other than your basic usage charges. ie 250 RS , 500 RS etc..

so i have used 138 MB in this month for this month and i have got 1398 MB remaining. :) (am in H500C) :D

@ deepakj
Total Amount(In Rupees)
this is something related with ur usage in time other than NU.
divide this 111 by 0.80 if ur in H500 and by 0.90 if ur in H250
u will get ~138 (in case of 0.80).
And this 138 is my usage for the present month in time other than NU.
so there wont be any extra bandwidth usage bill other than your basic usage charges. ie 250 RS , 500 RS etc..

so i have used 138 MB in this month for this month and i have got 1398 MB remaining. :) (am in H500C) :D

i could not understand clearly..........

according to ur quote pic u have used 3941712 kb that is equal to 3.7gb but after dividing ur tellin that u have used only 138 mb........it makes no sense......and amount is given as 111rs. why are u dividing rupees 111 coloumn by 0.8 to know ur usage??

i have home 250. my usage is abt 1003520kb = 980mb
i have 1 gb limit but my amount in Rs is somewher around 900.if i divide 900/0.9 i get 1000rs.

will i get a bill for 1000rs??

@vipin.r

pls dont share ur password with anyone even if ur exchange has implimented port binding.

as far as i have tried and i know, it is almost impossible for some1 to use ur id if it is port binded, but some id"s have roaming enabled facility which makes it to be used from anywhere....but i suggest u not to share it with any1.......who knows sometmes when the server due to some problem may allow some1 to use ur a/c even if there is port binding.......so never take risk,especially when it is bsnl :whistle:

The roaming is enabled only on request. By default all the ids are port-bound. Still being safe is better than being sorry :)

yes ......cool techy tvm..u r right.............roaming is enabled only on request.....but who knows when what will go wrong ;-)

Back