How to check BSNL Broadband Account Usage?

• Thread starter Thread starter tkktbl
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2,332
  • Views Views 2,738,024
hi essbebe will follow your advice right now my wi fi login is flawless i just click the connect icon and things roll thereafter. however the way bsnl has mentioned an imdt change in the PW looks slightly tense. i have been given a seperate login user id and pw and a seperate set for poRtal use( apparently for checking usage). will come back into the forum after seeing my bsnl bbnd chap 2 morow.happy surfing.andy

@andy_65_n suggest you send a PM here to ashutosh508
giving the portalID and password given to you. he will check and reply to you.

Use this program in the meantime to keep track of your usage from today.
Tautology Bandwidth Meter - Internet Traffic Usage Monitor

Hi everybody..

I new to DataOne and I have gone through many of these problems. When the BSNL guy came to connect BB at home, I wasn't there and he simply connected the Modem, stored ID and Password and went. My wife remained smarter to ask him Password so I had ID and Password.

I then tried logging in with my UID and Password [to connect BB] on Dataone WebMail page to check uses - No luck. By now I was thinking the same UID is my new Mail ID with BSNL but I was wrong. I then tried here and there and found below pages asking for UID and Password:

Dataone WebMail
BSNL Portal
Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd.- India's No. 1 Telecommunications Company

I also registered for BSNL Customer Care [BSNL Customer Care], I was able to create account but it has not let me register my phone number on this account without which I can not use any of the services given here. FINALLY I reached at this page and it worked!!! I am able logon here with my very Broadband UID and Password:

Login

But I am still far away from finding a way to check my usages. Since I mostly use FireFox for browsing, DataFox seems a solution to me, I have downloaded the .XPI file but have not installed it - lets see it it works.

The instructions to setup Outlook Express or Outlook for this mail id is at:
Dataone Mail Client Configuration

I am going to try these alternatives when I reach home:
1) Call 1800-424-1600 or 1500 to seek following informations:
- My ID, Password and URL to check usages
- The reason I am not able to register my Phone Number on Customer Care.
2) Install the DataFox.
3) Going to BSNL office tomorrow the first thing and ask them the WAY, not the phone number(s), to check the usages.

Vipin.

@vipin You being able to login on mail.bsnl.in suggests that u are a new broadband subscriber. You can check your usage using http://p3hosting.bsnl.in:9080/BroadBandCustomerPortal/ but u will be needing an unique 14 digit ID to checkout the account usage in the mentioned portal. Ideally they should be giving u this ID, when they came to install the connection, since they havent provided any such thing, the best bet would be to contact the exchange and get it. Since u are a new subscriber, u wont be able to use datafox.

And regarding the query about number registration on BSNL Customer Care u can register in there, but they take sometime to send the activation email and activate your landline number.

hi ashutosh i cant open data.bsnl.in the site never opens . i have also been told by my bsnl bbnd chap that PW for both user id and portal id can onlb b changed once i enter this site ( he has told me the prosedure) but the dam thing doesnt open. thats as far as changing of password is concerned. as far as the usage goes he says that is a major problem even with bsnl bbnd incharge itself and so until this is resolved at Bangalore server bsnl here will only levy Rs 250 rent per month since these jokers themselves have no idea of the usage . that bill will come to a user once this prob cleared. hence one has to b selective while browsing on the bnd lest u land up with tagra usage.may b it was my ignorance but got a jolt when was told u r charged even for opening any website that is also USAGE.any suggestions for USAGE check.i also have a vista home basic though my wifi works flawlessly.
Hi ANDY !
JUST NOW itself i opened data.bsnl.in and it opened BUT when i clicked on the RED link -it wont open!
so, if you are talking about the red link not opening then you might be right about today and you just might be unlucky and checking the website in times when its not working!!
BUT if the website = data.bsnl.in itself is not opening !! then i think you have a BIG problem!!. are you accessing data.bsnl.in from BSNL dataone broadband only ??? becoz if you r using any other broadband and trying to open data.bsnl.in then it wont open !!

hello 2 all all the new 117.x.x.x users who have managed to get their portal id and pass, did u notice the amount in paise coloumn...............mine has jumped upto RS.685.............but it shows i have used abt only 800 mb which is below my 1 gb limit..............any1 here has any idea abt it......... bye

Thank You Praveen,

Now when this is clear that I should log on to http://p3hosting.bsnl.in:9080/BroadBandCustomerPortal/ to check my usage and Login to check my mails in browser; could you please clear what and whom these pages are for (asking User ID and Password):

Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd.- India's No. 1 Telecommunications Company [Check Account usage, change password. -???]http://data.bsnl.in/wps/portal/
Dataone WebMail

I tried catching my BSNL people today but, as usual, I found no one there and came back as I had to rush to office. Anyway, I will try again.

BTW I tried registering my phone at BSNL Customer Care, it asks for a UniqueID; I have a new phone connection so I have not got any bill yet to see this UniqueID however the details BSNL people gave me after applying the Phone connection had this UID [RJJP20071131454] but this is not acceptable by the system, any idea?

Thanks in advance

hi cool techie thanks ur last post worked xcellent changed my password for bbnd also saw my USAGE. thanks. all bbnd ussers please try cool techies link it WORKS

Trouble folks please help. am now on dial up as cant connect on the bbnd tried both wifi as also direct LAN cable. had changed my bbnd password from th original pw in the broadband customer portal as suggested by cool techie which confirmed the change. when i try reloging i am geting error 815 on my vista which says remote server not responding this cud b caused by invalid value 4 service name field for this connection. what does this stupid error mean. please help.i also got some funny warning reagrding some password after this change and before this reloggin which i dony rmember exactly.andy

I have got 2 new Dataone connection.
1 Business plan - getting IP range 59.98.*.*
2 Home Combo plan - geting IP range 117.*.*.*

I have got porta id for business connection. But when I try to submit form on http://p3hosting.bsnl.in:9080/BroadBandCustomerPortal/ I am always getting blank page.

Is wrong portal ID causes blank page or something wrong with the server itself? I am tryng for last 2 days

thanks

hey parsv,Thanks for raising this issue, even i am getting a blank page, the good thing is that it is acknowledging the portal id and the password, but still we are unable to check our account usage. It has been over a month since i got my BB connection and i also got the bill for my first month usage but still i am unable to check my usage.

Back