How to check BSNL Broadband Account Usage?

• Thread starter Thread starter tkktbl
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2,332
  • Views Views 2,737,932
yes, the downloads between 2am to 8am are not going to be billed. the doubts are, if one starts d/loading from 2am and forgets to disconnect at 8am and extends the session further.. whether the entire session be treated as `to be billed' or whether they have any code in their software to automatically deduct the usage between 2am to 8am irrespective of the log-in and log-out time is the question :) Pupudada!

hey pupudada,when do ya get your bills cos ive 'been Dling lots after 2am and before 8am.i always close before 7:45.my total downloads stand at 5.67 Gb.and i'm starting to shiver already..what if bsnl gets it all wrong ...again..? :(

A friend of mine, apparently used up excess of 500 Meg and did not get charged for it ...I am not saying that go on and try it yourself ...I would not do the same ...But considering its BSNL, I seriously doubt they have a system in place and have any way to calculate the extra usage ...So, for all you know, Pupudada, you might not get billed for anything extra ...Or, might be billed for ALL the night time usage ...Hehehe ...Thats the best part about the whole BSNL scenario ... no one knows ... :D

Hey, I have a log entry for something I started after 2am but left on until after 8am ...I did a few MBs above my 5GB limit ( 2 NU sessions) one of those NU sessions went over the time limit / checkpoint whatever you call it...I'm waiting for my Aug bill, lets see how much I get charged so I can figure out how they bill/charge/track the downloads now 8-)

Originally posted by herlepras@Sep 2 2005, 09:31 PM
hey pupudada,when do ya get your bills cos ive 'been Dling lots after 2am and before 8am.i always close before 7:45.
my total downloads stand at 5.67 Gb.and i'm starting to shiver already..what if bsnl gets it all wrong ...again..? :(
[snapback]23924[/snapback]
[/quote]

hey herlepras.. you can check you usage online at:

Code:
http://10.240.89.199/
as far as the bill is concerned, it will be included in your telephone bill.. do not know about your city, but in kolkata i also get details about my broadband usage via email. if you have d/loaded between 2am and 8am, they will not be charged for. go to the webpage i mentioned put your username and password and then `login' then on the new page click on `service records' and select month 8.2005. take a acreenshot of each page and save the same. if `bsnl' gets it wrong, they will be in great problems and not you, so do not worry... :D Pupudada!

Originally posted by saurabhj@Sep 2 2005, 09:35 PM
A friend of mine, apparently used up excess of 500 Meg and did not get charged for it ...

I am not saying that go on and try it yourself ...
I would not do the same ...

But considering its BSNL, I seriously doubt they have a system in place and have any way to calculate the extra usage ...

So, for all you know, Pupudada, you might not get billed for anything extra ...
Or, might be billed for ALL the night time usage ...
Hehehe ...

Thats the best part about the whole BSNL scenario ... no one knows ... :D
[snapback]23925[/snapback]
[/quote]

saurabhi, well chances are that the billing servers were not implemented in all places simultaneously and that's why your friend got away. as far as kolkata is concerned one of my friends tried that experimented and he has received a bill od rs.58,000 (yes 58 thousand). as for myself, if i am not charged anything extra, i'll give them a mail that i should have been charged something extra to keep myself safe in the long run. if i am charged for the `free hours' i'll request them to change the bill, otherwise it's consumer forums for `bsnl'. we shall be all knowing it very soon... :D Pupudada!

Okay I am going ahead with NU usage.I have a few gigs to download.What i will do is try between 3 and 7 to be on a safer side.I hope those who used in August will get a bill excluding NU usage.Sandeep

Hi,The time I used BSNL broadband connection between 02:00 AM and 08:00 AM, is showing up in my usage record. Will they charge me for it?If I want to calculate my total usage, shall I subtract the down;oad/upload bandwidth used between this free time slot?Shall, they also subtract it?

Sorry, Can't answer you Q but a very related concern/concern.My PC is always on and always connected to BSNL. Ofcourse with the usual firewalls etc in place.Now, my understanding (in layman's terms) is the bandwidth counter on the BSNL side gets switched off at 2 am and gets turned on again at 8 am. Ofcourse, I am still waiting for my first bill so will know the details after that but ...Can someone with more experience shed some light on this.--CH

Well the records are awlays there but while calcuating the total usage they substract it from the total usage.But yes it safe to start a new session after 2 and disconnect it beofre 8

Back