How to check BSNL Broadband Account Usage?

• Thread starter Thread starter tkktbl
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2,332
  • Views Views 2,737,926
Originally posted by puja399@Aug 16 2005, 08:27 PM
Today I talked with the BSNL customer service (or, the lack of it !!) in 1600 424 1600, and I was told that although the data flows between 200 hrs and 800 hrs are showing up in the service records, they will deduct them while preparing the bill !!! However, if you log in before 200 hrs, say at 01:50 am and continue, then no one knows what will happen, as the software is new and no one knows about it !!! So, my suggestion is login after 2 am and disconnect before 8 am.
[snapback]21793[/snapback]
[/quote]

confusion reins all around... i'll be experimenting this month and might go over the target by 100-200 odd mb's (am planning to d/load a 100mb odd file 2 times.. once starting a few minutes before 2am and d/loading just 2mb and pausing, then resuming after 2.05am without cutting off the connection... again doing the same thing, but starting after 2am, but letting the connection be on till 8.30am).. remainder of the month will be used in heavy d/loading from 2.30am to 7.30am from a high speed ftp server.. i want to experience first hand how they are going to bill.. :P pupudada

pupudada, you brave soul, putting your hand in the hungry lion's mouth.may bsnl rest your soul in pieces 8-)

do not worry mate.. i shall stick my hand in bsnl's mouth even from hell (it is now officially confirmed that i shall not be able to go to heaven)... pupudadamay bsnl rest your soul in pieces ??`ek dil ke tukre hazaar hue, koi yahan gira, koi wahan gira' :blink:

Papudada, can you give us the procedure to download from a fast FTP server!!!Step by step explanation will be highly appreciated. :D :D :D

Originally posted by robert0909@Aug 19 2005, 04:27 PM
Papudada, can you give us the procedure to download from a fast FTP server!!!

Step by step explanation will be highly appreciated.

:D  :D  :D
[snapback]22174[/snapback]
[/quote]

very simple.. use a simple ftp client (i use ws_ftple).. in remote put the name of the server like (fast.delivery.net) :D put your partition and folder in local.. set the port (if not default)... once you're connected (requires password).. browse thru the folders, select the file you want to d/load, select the arrow pointing toward local.. click the apply button.. that's all.. very easy cheers... pupudada :)

p.s.: many people claim that they get full speeds consistently thru bittorrents, which i do not agree... the fastest d/loads can only be achieved via ftp cause that protocol was specially designed to transfer files

dude, dont reveal such secrets... let people use BT or HTTP... 8-P

Originally posted by pupudada@Aug 19 2005, 05:41 PM
very simple.. use a simple ftp client (i use ws_ftple).. in remote put the name of the server like (fast.delivery.net) :D put your partition and folder in local.. set the port (if not default)... once you're connected (requires password).. browse thru the folders, select the file you want to d/load, select the arrow pointing toward local.. click the apply button.. that's all.. very easy cheers... pupudada :)

p.s.: many people claim that they get full speeds consistently thru bittorrents, which i do not agree... the fastest d/loads can only be achieved via ftp cause that protocol was specially designed to transfer files
[snapback]22186[/snapback]
[/quote]

ftp is a really old protocol with tons of shortcomings in today's times. talk about a server with a million people downloading, ftp won't survive. p2p was designed for sharing on the internet with millions of people involved. it is perhaps the only technology where the more people involved results in better data transfer. wait for the day firefox 1.5 gets released and try using FTP for downloading firefox from mozilla servers and than tell me if FTP is still the best.

I agree with Sushubh ...Though I get full speed downloads via HTTP and FTP, I dont always get the stuff I want ...BitTorrent has all the popular stuff ... and with a little bit tweaking, it gives pretty good results ( though not full and consistent at all times )The biggest advantage of BT is that more the number of people downloading a file, the better speeds you get ... The case is completely opposite with HTTP and FTP where server performance tends to degenerate when its full ...

the problem with P2P in indian condition are the ports these ISPs block. otherwise, its perhaps the best technology to download files. unless ofcourse, your ISP calculates uploads and downloads both in the speed it provides like Sify. in airtel i get 128/128 upload/download.

while i fully agree with you that p2p gives far better results, there are times when one needs authenticated and corrupt-free files... well i have used both xdcc and ftp to get them files from known servers who give out files only to known persons and have a max of 3-4 simultaneous connections... i get blazing speeds.. i remember a recent incident when my friend uploaded a file to me via dcc.. she was asking me if i had given permission for d/loading in my irc client.. i replied in the affirmative (and was at that moment receiving the file from her @ 30kBps)... she replied back that my download was hardly making any dent on her upload stream... ;) pupudada

Back