How to check BSNL Broadband Account Usage?

• Thread starter Thread starter tkktbl
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2,332
  • Views Views 2,737,920
I've made a small app in vb (requires vb runtimes) for calculating usage from dataone website . This is basically a scratch work and is only a demonstartion.

here is the link
http://link-removed.de/files/2990060/dataone-calc.exe.html

copy all the lines starting with speed @256 and paste in to the app and press calculate .Do not change spaces in between fields and leave it as it as,however you can add new lines between successive lines.

the app may contain many errors.It works fine for me.Tell me if it works for you.
I can provide the source if you want.

I recently got my DataOne connection. I want to check my download/upload usage. How ?

It is great that BSNL has revised Traiff of Home500 upward to allow free download (from midnight 15-16 Aug 2005), between 0200-0800 hrs.

But one look at their log http://10.240.43.216/webLogin.jsp you will realise that they DONOT have means to log the quantity downloaded exactly between 0200 & 0800 incase you start your download few minutes earlier to 0200 or end few minutes after 0800!

i.e., they could very well slap with the whole traffic as chargeable, if you breached either boundary! Indeed you could try picking your case with the public-sector-minded billing babu, if and when you can reach him on phone or in person!

Be sure to connect a few min after 0200 & disconnect few min before 0800; one can never be sure what the babu's interpretation will be of the few minutes breach - should he condone or be a loyal (&stupid) Govt servant without using brain? If experience in dealing with any Govt arm is any indicator - dont even try in your dream, if you MUST not have to!

Incidentally, because of the big push by Mr Maran & a complete 'turnkey' kit installed to provide this service, we get near promised service on the bandwidth/connection quality. The technology needs very few babu officers to run; on the other hand BSNL like PSU is also capable of ruining everything only with a handful of these 'entrenched' un-sackable workforce. Thankfully the technology resilience is at the moment holding the upper hand.

Prey it remains the same!!! But be cautious & circumvent interacting with babudom whenever you could!!!!

hehe all this BSNL-babu stuff reminds me of the old song... babu-ji dheere chalna..BABUJI DHEERE CHALNA (we have slow download speeds, rest of the world is on multi-megabit speeds)PYAR MEIN ZARA SAMBHALNA (careful, you have data-transfer limits which include your uploads as well!)OH, BADE DHOKE HEIN, BADE DHOKE HEIN IS RAAH MEIN ( lots of disconnections, billing errors and horrors)hhehe

Today I talked with the BSNL customer service (or, the lack of it !!) in 1600 424 1600, and I was told that although the data flows between 200 hrs and 800 hrs are showing up in the service records, they will deduct them while preparing the bill !!! However, if you log in before 200 hrs, say at 01:50 am and continue, then no one knows what will happen, as the software is new and no one knows about it !!! So, my suggestion is login after 2 am and disconnect before 8 am.

Few days? I'll wait for a few months...(well, I will log in and out between 2am and 8am, but wait to see some people with their billing horror stories coz they were downloading carelessly 8-)

Originally posted by vishalrao@Aug 16 2005, 08:06 PM
hehe all this BSNL-babu stuff reminds me of the old song... babu-ji dheere chalna..
BABUJI DHEERE CHALNA (we have slow download speeds, rest of the world is on multi-megabit speeds)

PYAR MEIN ZARA SAMBHALNA (careful, you have data-transfer limits which include your uploads as well!)

OH, BADE DHOKE HEIN, BADE DHOKE HEIN IS RAAH MEIN ( lots of disconnections, billing errors and horrors)

hhehe
[snapback]21787[/snapback]
[/quote]

with you kind permission.. can i please add...

`zindagi, kaisi hai paheli hai.. kabhi ye hasaye.. kabhi ye rulaye'

`pyar me kabhu kabhu aaisa hota jata hai, choto choti baton se phasana ho jata hai'

`aye dil hai mushkil jeena yahan.. jara hatke, jara bachke, yeh hai bsnk meri jaan'

`aaj bhi pakre hain hum umeed ki is dori.... always give up hope is bsnl's story'!

Back