How to check BSNL Broadband Account Usage?

• Thread starter Thread starter tkktbl
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2,332
  • Views Views 2,738,037
Same problem here. I got a new connection somewhere around the beginning of march 2008. I can access bsnl webmail but when i try to check account usage, it says 403 forbidden error in certain links and invalide username or password in other links. I'm confused :confused:. Pls help someone :(.

members/sivajitheboss/Welcome to broadbandforum.co.Give the web site address. where you get the error. http: bbservice.bsnl.in/See this thread from Post 1 onwards, and see whether your problem can be solved.(Post 5 ?)

I am really reaaly confused , some say that u need to switch on modem at 2.03 am and off at 7.55 am or we can use it normally and night time will not be charged One more thing how can i chk data usage i have only user id and password do i need to get some portal ID. Also i am unable to log on to DataFox it says wrong name or passwordDo i need to chk some IP address & how

always restart modem/connection at 2:05AM & 7:55AM or else you will get a huge bill because bsnl billing system is not perfect & will count those download/uploads too as billable which starts before free time but ends after free time started(e.g.1:55AM-3:13AM will be charged).

portal ID is must to check usage.you get it from bsnl(do not get it by registering on the bsnl site).

datafox won't work for newer customers.use this firefox script
https://broadband.forum/bsnl-dataone-broadband/24137-bandwidth-calculator-new-portal-users/
this script will only tell your usage based on bsnl portal records only.if you want more assurance use some bandwidth monitoring software like tautology bandwidth meter.

Its always a better idea to restart the modem at 2:05 and OFF at 7:55 since we cannot be so sure about the BSNL clock timings, sometimes they r not accurate.So why take a risk

hii am a old user but my ip has changed from 59.xx to 117.xxdue to plan change.previously i was on 500NU now i am on 500Cproblem is that i cannot log in to the new portal with the 14 digit id..when called customer care they say i can only log in after 7 days of usage..also usage details cannot be checked before 15 days..are they serious?!!pls help.....

ok.in home plan 500 its like this.any download starting before free hours will be most probably included in the log,its the same abt the end time too.suppose i start a download of 100 mb from link-removed at 1.59am then atleast half of it wud eat ur into ur actual usage.suppose u start at 7.59am its the same too.ok

what i did is i applied for disconection of the old plan then i applied for a new plantherefore they gave me new username password...so change in ip....but i am unable to log in the new portal,,it says invalid username or password..when contacted bsnl ,they say only after 15 days will it work..@essbebethe link to the usage check program is not working...

I think everyone should get this by mail (not e-mail) from their respective telecom circle.

@sourav
Have you got this letter?

Back