How to get connected to Internet through Dongles?

• Thread starter Thread starter appleofedin
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 98
  • Views Views 16,698
Dongles manufactured by Huawei have a Sim slot. These are the ones that are usually sold on the market as 'unlocked' dongles.

You can use either of the three cdma operators. Prepaid or postpaid.

Only thing is that while tata and reliance have good data plans for cdma, I'm not so sure about MTS.

CDMA data plans are different from dongle data plans. The network stays the same and the speeds stay the same.

mts has a 500 rupee plan that gives 5GB. this is what i was interested in... :\

actually they also have a 999 rupee plan that gives 40GB. (20GB for day and 20GB for night).

ah. another reliance :P

so should i order the dongle right away? i mean if it's unlocked, i can get a prepaid sim of 2-3 operators and start testing :D

that would be bad? because that's what is going to happen. coz i do not think my dad would turn it off at night and turn it on in the morning :P

These devices get pretty heated up with a couple of hours of usage even without the WiFi. A better option would be to buy a non WiFi one and plug into an existing router that supports dongles. But then, it depends on how you intend to use the dongle ie if you're looking for WiFi on the go, then what I've suggested won't work.

Back