I dont have recharge in my Airtel Xstream Fiber but my internet is working what should I do?

I am not 100% sure OLT constitutes banned gear or not, as it is remotely installed and controlled from the NOC(s). Also, you have to understand the NOCs' operations are far more critical and far more vulnerable to intrusions than a mere OLT that provides a link to a bunch of end customers. Ditto for pieces like ONTs, cell tranceivers among others. If the enemy wants to tap a data pipe its gotta be the at the nerve centre of the Operator.

@Chip True. OLTs are comparatively nothing

Btw, Guys there is one issue

the word gigabi* is turning into an affiliate link ( starred here to avoid another moderation ) , and mod probably warned me for that

Are you guys ie you and your neighbor connected to different OLTs? Again check the optical power readings to note any drops. If it reads better than -27 dBm, preferably lower than -25 dBm, it will be fine.

@Chip , no we are on same OLT's , in fact we share the same 2 core fiber optic and FAT Box.
But usually my internet restarts after 2 days.

@Lolita_Magnum Mine True, mine even worked upto -31.5 dbm some times.
But that was 3 months back, since then now they have re sliced the cable. and its always around -25.5 dbm. Doesn't go below -26.

There's one possibility, in my area, the LCO might be operating OLT. So he might be loosing on revenue, and apparently , he also very well knows this issue. So he might have scheduled the restart.
But then actually he also said he is only in charge of cable from FAT box onwards and the Rest is seen by Airtel guys.
Sometimes service is done by LCO, sometimes by Airtel peps .

And again even @nishantt6969 has LCO, and @Chip has actual Airtel.

Now it's confusing.

Back