India Tour of Australia 2011/12

• Thread starter Thread starter Jaymin
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 560
  • Views Views 43,253
I am totally against UDRS, especially in the form it currently exists. Maintaining the scores? What if the teams had already used up the chances already in failure? I understand the need to curb unwanted appeals - But sorry to say, making it as a strategic tool is pure crap. Consider this scenario : You have 1 review left, night watchman is batting with an opener & you are 80% sure he nicks it. What do you do? Many "strategists" will say hold on to it, to be used against other top order batsman as cant risk loosing the last review availableThis is what I do not like ........ Once again, I understand the need to curb unnecessary appealing. But absolutely against making it a strategic tool.

Indian blower did great job to pick up early wicket but they manage to get partnerships to active decent scorenow it's interesting to see how Indian batsman perform.. as for aus its there home country still they struggled and for us its totally opposite condition all eyes are on dravid and laxman

I am not too confident that we will be able to wrap up as quickly as we think. 325 is the worst I am hoping for.

So 8 runs off the mark. Not bad eh?

Well, there was clear deflection off the bat, and there was the noise, which can b easily detected if u have Full Bass on the Speakers.
I think if there is sound of nick, and there is a clear deflection of the ball as it went past the bat, it doesnt matter whether Hotspot shows the nick or not.

Well here's the point i am trying to make. Hotspot did not catch anything, but where was the Snicko replay of the same ball? If it was so obvious that he nicked it why was it not shown by ESPN STAR? For one moment, if i agree with your point that Hotspot missed the nick, it would have been caught by the snicko.

I go by the evidence what i see with my eyes, not what the Indian or any other commentators for that matter say about it. Perhaps you should see this clip...here is the proof. Channel 9 replays of both the incidents. Watch the the Ed Cowan dismissal @ 3mins 20 seconds of the clip, there was nothing on the Snicko as well and there appeared to be slight gap between ball and bat as well.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=TSZOf1kfJFA

After watching this reply If you are intent on saying that both Hotspot and even Snickometer were wrong, then i have no intention of taking this discussion forward at all!

Screenshot from same clip - nick or not - The jury is still out according to me

----------

8K to Sehwag... 23rd to do so in Tests... How many would have believed that he would achieved this with his technique and that too most of them as an opener.

----------

Goes past M.Waugh & G.Sobers.

Guys any idea why Bhogle and Gavaskar are not part of the commentary for this Series with ESS.....

Back