India vs Australia: 4 Tests - Feb-Mar 2013

• Thread starter Thread starter mhsabir
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 262
  • Views Views 17,469
Atleast CA had the balls to take action against it's star players regardless of how much the reason is ridiculous

Can BCCI even think of taking such kind of action if the situation arises?

Did not complete your homework? Get out of the class!

http://www.espncricinfo.com/india-v-australia-2013/content/current/story/624494.html
Australia's vice-captain Shane Watson has left the tour of India just hours after being told he and three other players would not be considered for the third Test for ignoring team orders. However, Cricket Australia has denied Watson's departure was a result of the decision, which was unprecedented in Australian cricket, and that he was heading home to be with his pregnant wife Lee Furlong, who is expecting the couple's first child.The baby was due shortly after the end of the Indian tour and Watson had already been granted leave to fly home early if required. A Cricket Australia spokesman said that process had been "accelerated" due to a change at home and that it was yet to be confirmed whether Watson would return to the tour ahead of the fourth Test, which starts in Delhi on Friday next week.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/australia/content/current/story/624562.html
Shane Watson is contemplating his future in the game after being axed from the squad for the Mohali Test on disciplinary grounds and then leaving the tour to be with his pregnant wife. Watson was one of four players punished by the team management for ignoring team orders.
"Any time you're suspended for a Test match unless you do something unbelievably wrong, and obviously everyone knows what those rules are ... I think it is very harsh," Watson told reporters at the team hotel in Chandigarh. "At this point in time I'm at a stage where I'm sort of weighing up my future and what I want to do with my cricket in general, to be honest. I do love playing, there is no doubt about that, but at this point in time I'm going to spend the next few weeks with my family and just weigh up my options of just exactly which direction I want to go.
In India, the coach would have been sacked for even floating this idea :rolleyes:

Worst scenario Clarke can ever be part of after all the success that he had witnessed/been part of?

I am also interested to find out if the Aussies will take a gamble & play Maxwell as a batsman and bring Lyon back. Or play him still as a spin-allrounder & pick Steve Smith as another spin-allrounder

Back