Indian Cricket Season 2012

• Thread starter Thread starter SVK
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 841
  • Views Views 48,046
I was thinking yesterday night if India will embarrass themselves by not winning from the position they were in earlier in the day, but yeah that did not happen. For me the unexpected positive was the seamers picking up some wickets as compared to the English bowlers.

If Cook and Prior had played 1st session and also if they had played 2 sessions and set Target, then India would have to play aggressively to score the set target, or play to defend the match.Thankfully it didnt happened :)

England in India 2012-13 : Ashok Dinda to cover for injured Umesh Yadav | Cricket News | India v England | ESPN Cricinfo

Ashok Dinda, the Bengal fast bowler, has been asked to join India's squad in Mumbai as cover for fast bowler Umesh Yadav ahead of the second Test against England, which starts at the Wankhede Stadium on Friday.

Yadav did not take the field during India's practice session on Wednesday due to a lower back injury. Though the team management remained tight-lipped as ever, a BCCI insider confirmed that Dinda is being flown in to Mumbai since there were "doubts over Yadav's availability" for the second Test.

First for Ishant then for Yadav. He has been flying to & fro quite often. Hope, Dinda is part of the frequent flier miles club.

England in India 2012-13 : ECB ponders resting Andy Flower for ODIs | Cricket News | India v England | ESPN Cricinfo

Andy Flower, the England team director, could miss the ODI leg of England's tour of India in January as the ECB looks to ease his workload.

Flower's relentless schedule has been a concern to the ECB for some time. Few players are required for all three formats of the game but Flower is intimately involved in the planning, selection and management of the ODI, Test and T20 teams. While individual players have enjoyed rest periods, Flower has been granted only an occasional, brief absence. It is understood there is a particular concern that the Kevin Pietersen saga left Flower drained.

The ECB has, therefore, urged Flower to take a break. It believes that investing in a period of rest will help retain Flower's services for several more years and ensure he remains enthused and motivated.

Hmm.. Soon in future coaches will be able to pick and chose the tours they want to go on. And then start opting out of a particular format.

The headline is indeed a bit confusing. I too thought it was a misprint when I first read it. But then it sort of made sense in the next second.

This is weird actually. Coaches rested or getting rest? I don't really understand the concept unless they want Andy to remain with them forever.

India v England, 2nd Test, Mumbai : Umesh Yadav 'unfit' for Mumbai Test, says MS Dhoni | Cricket News | India v England | ESPN Cricinfo

India fast bowler Umesh Yadav is 'unfit', according to captain MS Dhoni, and will not play the Mumbai Test against England in all likelihood.

"Umesh is unfit for this Test match. He has a sore back," Dhoni said on the eve of the match. "We play with two seamers and two spinners, so I don't think we can take a risk to play him in this match. He is most likely to miss this Test match."

Need to see if Ishant gets picked or Dinda gets a look in.

Back