Indian Cricket Season 2012

• Thread starter Thread starter SVK
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 841
  • Views Views 48,043
For Sehwag fans

India Cricket Features: Virender Sehwag's 100th Test: 'Is he bowling or begging?' | ESPN Cricinfo
Really good collection :)
I liked-
"Jeremy Snape told me a great story about him while we were working together in the Indian Premier League. Sehwag and Snape were batting for Leicestershire against Middlesex when Abdul Razzaq started reverse-swinging the ball in the way that the Pakistan bowlers do. Sehwag came up to Snape and said: 'We must lose this ball. I have a plan.' Next over, he whacked that ball clean out of the ground, forcing the umpires to pick another from the box that would obviously not reverse straight away. To which Sehwag said: 'We are all right for one hour.' Smart, I say."
Shane Warne
and
"Well, we talked about not playing rash strokes. Of course, he hears me but I'm not sure if he ever listens." Sachin Tendulkar on the advice he gave when Sehwag was on 295 in Multan

Oh No! Sehwag gone for 30 :(

lol tendulkar bowled again with just scoring 8.Now, it looks like it's his last test match not only in his HomeTown but also of his career.

I dont think he has announced retirement.. .... yet.Panesar comes in and rightaway makes a difference. Hope the Indian spinners use the pitch well too.

India 134/5. Very bad start.Its worrying that Kohli hasnt scored after being in wonderful form throughout year in all formats.

Che Puajara is awesome. Bowlers around the world beware, RD might have retired but we have someone just like him!

I am also interested to see who bats at No.8 , as the battle is on between the two off-spinners for that as well

Also we need to have a bit of caution when coming to Pujara, he is yet to prove himself abroad. He flopped in the only overseas series he played in SAfrica, and another one is coming up there next year, that would be a true evaluation of his capabilities as he would be expected to deliver at No.3 whereas he failed even at No.6 there.. though most others too just had the odd good innings.

Back