Indian Cricket Season 2012

• Thread starter Thread starter SVK
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 841
  • Views Views 47,962
^ It has become very common isn't it? And also the classic Sehwag dismissal, and the top order failing yet again on a seaming wicket. Someone like Abhishek Nayar would add so much value to this team. Wonder why he isn't being chosen especially with injury to Pathan. I wish the selectors would pick him atleast for the odi's against England. "The man in form", "such a talented player", I wish every one of these Indian commentators would shut the **** up when he comes to bat next time.

Rahane did a good job in T20s, yet he was dropped in ODIs for Sehwag!With a score like 227 and our bowling, India's chances to win were anyway slim

Rahane did a good job in T20s, yet he was dropped in ODIs for Sehwag!

With a score like 227 and our bowling, India's chances to win were anyway slim

I really cannot understand the logic behind dropping Rahane. Why not get him in the middle order in place of Rohit?

Then we have Tiwary still waiting for a match . Tiwary is a better bet than rahane. rahane has got 12 matches as a opener averaging @ 29. that's a pretty bad average for any opener.

^ He got couple of fifties against England. One at Southampton and one at Mohali where he scored 91 and we won the game. And also he got some starts as well. Where he got duck at The Oval, it was an absolute peach from Anderson. And for someone, who isn't an opener and also not suited to this format, I'd say he did more than better in that short span of time. He deserves much more chances at the test level which is his game.

Sheer lack of application. They just needed to survive 10 damn overs, but they were in their I.P.L mode......throw ur bat at any bloody delivery, as if it was a club class bowling. I think Sunny was saying this - why are they just pushing at all deliveries? Why not hold the stick & let the ball hit ur bat? Why not just see off the new ball?Thats exactly what Pakistan did. They lost Hafeez first ball. But the others didnt repeat that mistake. With us.....not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4.....but 5 people made the same mistake again & again.

they can drop rohit and play bowler as he is not making runs at all. commentary folks were saying bhuvneshvar can bat as well.

Ganguly wants an Indian coach after Fletcher : Cricketnext

With Duncan Fletcher's two-year tenure as India coach nearing its end, former captain Sourav Ganguly has pitched in for a home-grown person to take charge of the team next year, saying that the country has enough talent.

"We need to have an Indian coach and I am dead sure we have enough talent in the country to find an Indian coach," Ganguly said

"It is not about individuals but I feel time has come for an Indian coach to take over," Ganguly said at a panel discussion after the launch of inaugural Wisden India Almanack magazine here Saturday night.

Fletcher's two-year tenure ends in March next year and it is widely believed that his contract will not be extended by the Indian Cricket Board (BCCI) given the team's string of poor performances under him.

Under Fletcher, India had lost Test series away and home against England besides also being whitewashed in Australia.

Four months ago he was saying

Sourav Ganguly wants to coach Team India if given a chance - Times Of India

Former India captain Sourav Ganguly is open to coaching the senior national team if the Indian cricket board feels that he is a suitable candidate for the hot seat.

"Obviously, I have interest in coaching but only time will tell what can happen in future. If the BCCI feels that I can be a good coach, I will be ready. I feel I can create a difference in terms of the ability of the players, their form and their development. That will be one way of my repaying the game," Ganguly said.

Get ready for more drama folks.

When i look at sehwag batting for india...it seems or sehwag is thinking "Jabadasthi Mujhe Kyon Kila Rahe hoo.."

Sheer lack of application. They just needed to survive 10 damn overs, but they were in their I.P.L mode......throw ur bat at any bloody delivery, as if it was a club class bowling. I think Sunny was saying this - why are they just pushing at all deliveries? Why not hold the stick & let the ball hit ur bat? Why not just see off the new ball?
Thats exactly what Pakistan did. They lost Hafeez first ball. But the others didnt repeat that mistake. With us.....not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4.....but 5 people made the same mistake again & again.

That's what BCCI has taught them to do.Not their fault.They can't wait for IPL 2013 to begin.

Back