Indian Cricket Season 2012

• Thread starter Thread starter SVK
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 841
  • Views Views 47,962
The selectors have been very lenient on this guy for too long. He needs some gap, he needs some time to pull himself together and work more on his batting. Guys like Zaheer, Sehwag were dropped and then they came back and have cemented their position in every format of the game. The same has to be done to this guy since he is young. He's only 25 or 26 give him a couple years and see how he does when he comes back to the international scene. He needs to play a hell a lot of domestic cricket not only in India but also oversees to adapt to the conditions.

Oh boy i am impressed with Rahane when he played for India Last year in England for ODI's....

Ya that is true that rohit has got many opps but still cant be denied that he is a great talent and like someone here said he does very well in IPL always .. I remember one match where he played for Deccan Chargers and how in the last over he won them the match ... he never shows same passion for India dont know why .. maybe he gets loaded with ipl and cares a damn playing for the nation .. rahane is also a very good bet but again i would prefer a manoj tiwary and a fit yuvraj singh over him in the odi team ...

Manoj to me looks solid to me... Rahane is good for opening or for 1 Down...currently there is no place for that positions...Oops i forgot about uncle Tendulkar who will be playing for another 5 - 6 years ...then its difficult for him to cement his place in ODI...

Manoj to me looks solid to me... Rahane is good for opening or for 1 Down...currently there is no place for that positions...Oops i forgot about uncle Tendulkar who will be playing for another 5 - 6 years ...then its difficult for him to cement his place in ODI...

Ya uncle Tendu will play till hes atleast 50 so another 10 - 11 yrs left in him ... so opening positions will change when he wishes to walk into the team ... gambhir will drop to no 3 if sehwag plays so out go everyone ie rohit / manoj / rahane ..

It's not a problem if Sachin continues to play, the problem is that he should not be allowed to 'pick and choose'. He can still bat very well and until he performs well I don't see any reason why he should leave the team, but his 'pick and choose' method is simply ruining the careers of youngsters like Rahane, Tiwary and even Rohit Sharma. If he wants to play, he shall make himself available for every series. If he feels the burden of the schedule, then he shall retire from ODIs just like Kevin Pietersen did. Allowing him to take rests on his will is taking our batting lineup nowhere; even a player like Gautam Gambhir is not sure about his permanent batting position in ODIs.

Well said man...I think even the selectors will be aware of it...it should be a simple formula retire from ODI's and play only in Tests or Retire from test and play only in ODI's ....

Well now situation is slightly simpler. Having opted out of SL series, the only ODIs for the next 1 year is Eng & Pak ODIs (10 of them) leading up to the Champions Trophy. And I think he will play till them. So, not many issues, unless he skips one or either of the series and shows interest in the Champions Trophy,

4th ODI

LOL @ our cricket team

Rohit Sharma and Manoj Tiwary both playing. Rahul Sharma left out, so the bowling is a bit thin. What is the thinking here? You just successfully chase 287 and decide to strengthen the batting. The five-bowler strategy has been shelved and that means Sehwag, Raina, Rohit and perhaps Tiwary will have to share 10 overs.

Dinda despite an awful showing stays. I guess Rohit Sharma, the allrounder will win us the match today.

Dhoni is backing him too much...The selectors would have asked Dhoni to play Manoj Tiwari...Dhoni Smartly excluded Rahul Sharma and included Manoj Tiwari...

Back