Indian Cricket Season 2012

• Thread starter Thread starter SVK
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 841
  • Views Views 47,962
Next if selectors pressure to play Rahane as well as Tiwary, he would probably drop Dinda & ask Raina, Tiwary, Rohit, Sehwag & Kohli to share 20 overs.

Nohit Sharma gets another chance! WTF!

Comments on Cricinfo

"Could it be that Tiwary finally made it to the team on the back of his bowling skills?? Seeing that its a leg-spinner for a leg-spinner swap."

And this was prior to the toss

Make what you will of the update from Abhishek Purohit: "Manoj Tiwary is bowling legspinners on the side pitch, while Rohit Sharma is practising slip catching."

WTF!!! now Rohit officially becomes the most flop batsman in indian cricket history to be given so many chances.83 ODI's @ 31.7 batting at no 4.Even someone like laxman was given 86 odi's @ 30.76 over 10 years but on the backing of his solid performances in test cricket.And here we have the joker not playing a single Test and being given 83 matches in just 5 years. Dhoni has gone just mad or rohit has some solid connections in BCCI which no other player had previously

Kohli bowling the 11th over. Dhoni has gone mad by kicking out rahul sharma in order to retain rohit

I wonder if will have a day, when Gambhir will keep for a few overs & Dhoni will bowl to make sure Rohit is retained.On Laxman, two things, atleast he had Test performances to go back to as a reason, also he used to come in No.3 whereas Rohit has come towards the end of the innings and managed to add a few not outs to boost his average.

WTF!!! now Rohit officially becomes the most flop batsman in indian cricket history to be given so many chances.

83 ODI's @ 31.7 batting at no 4.

Even someone like laxman was given 86 odi's @ 30.76 over 10 years but on the backing of his solid performances in test cricket.

And here we have the joker not playing a single Test and being given 83 matches in just 5 years. Dhoni has gone just mad or rohit has some solid connections in BCCI which no other player had previously
Rohit has Sachins backing man .. they play for same team mumbai in ranji and also mumbai indians in ipl .. remember how ajit agarkar was never dropped on sachins instance and was removed only when he became super pathetic .. howver i still maintain rohit is a good batter and they should send him today at no 3 to give him time to settle because by the looks of it india will be chasing 300 +

I guess we should not blame Dhoni or Selectors for including Rohit Sharma in playing 11... i get a feeling if Sachin is not playing a sereies...he would decide who should get the chance in his absence...at the moment sachin might be telling the selectors and dhoni to pick rohit...

^So that the person doesnt perform too well & his spot is easy to take once he is back :p ?@gaurang - with all powerplays used, it may not be easy for Sri Lanka to get past 300. They would consistently need to go at 7+ for the next 24 overs.

Back