Indian Cricket Season 2012

• Thread starter Thread starter SVK
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 841
  • Views Views 47,962
Due to increasing age, Gambhir couldn't hear the question fully. That's why he answered with "Nowhere"

Where is he going wrong at present, though? "Nowhere."

Sharma would've pulled that one for a six over square leg if they were any nets when he came out to bat.

Batting average of Rohit Shrma for last 10 innings = 15.6. His scored runs in last 10 innings are 21,10,33,15,0,4,68,5,0,0. It has five scores of below 10 and three scores of ZEROs. Good Rohit, carry on with your TREMENDUS BATTING FORM. You don’t have to worry till DHONI-SAHAB is there. If possible Dhoni will play Rohit till his last day in the earth

While all the talk is about batting I think our bowling needs some work too. Esp. In the last ten overs. The trend has been we always leak too many runs in the final/death overs.We need to focus on our bowling too because as I see that is our weak point and can be improved substantially.Batting alone won't always win us matches. It needs good support from our bowling and fielding.

I think its a more common problem, if you see, how often our own middle order has thrashed the opponents in the last 5-10, so its a problem with other teams as well. Not justifying our bowlers, but more due to T20, unless you have taken down 4 or 5 wickets by the time you reach the 40th over, and especially in the subcontinent, 80 itself seems a reasonable number of runs given. Having said that, India need someone who can bowl well in death overs and try to keep it around 6 an over, as most teams have atleast one bowler who does it well consistently.

Nehra does a better job bowling at the death. He may not be the best, but best of the lot for India.People make fun of him that he goes for runs some times. Well who does not? Malinga used to be the best in bowling at death overs. Recently he has been hit around like a small time bowler, but still Indians are in awe of him.Ghar ki murgi daal barabar!

On a separate note, I am actually hoping for Balaji to given a chance in T20 , though he is unpredictable at the death, he has been outstanding in the early overs & looks a much better option than Dinda, Vinay with whom these selectors are persisting.

Going by his IPL performances in the recent years, Balaji does seem to have improved a lot in the shortest format of the game. Even with his absolute lack of pace, he has used the conditions really well to his benefit. He deserves a chance, but then our captain doesn't like him since he didn't do much with CSK

Back