Indian Cricket Season 2012

• Thread starter Thread starter SVK
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 841
  • Views Views 47,962
Meanwhile, I am surprised to note that it has happened 9 times only in more than 3000 ODI, maybe approx 5000 innings. Also the 1st time only in 1994 & 8 of them between 1994 & 2001. And then after more than decade it happened in the recently concluded series between SL-Pak. NZ, SL & Ind are yet to have a single instance.Ashwin is during out to be Munaf's brother. I hope people are able to speak some sense into him. He is a decent No.8/No.9 guy & should not have to suffer poor batting averages due to such silly mistakes.132/9 - still, well on course for carrying the bat. High time they take the powerplay?Still hopeful of 150...Umesh Yadav is yet to be dismissed in ODI cricket...................And they do take the powerplay.Gambhir out, record missed. All that talk for nothing :|

Yes..Yes...Yes..

@rodeoz - you were right

Sri Lanka v India, 2nd ODI: Who signalled the Powerplay? | Cricket News | Sri Lanka v India | ESPN Cricinfo

The penny dropped for the Indians only later in the innings, when they sought the batting Powerplay and were told it had already been taken.

This is the second goof up I can remember. In Zim-SL-Ind series where Raina was captain, he forgot to officially tell the umpires about bowling powerplay & set the field for it & continued playing & then later on was told that it has not been taken yet & theoretically there was 25 overs of powerplay in that match.

This is what my friend posted on FB, I find the comparison terrific :)

Now I know why our cricket team is likened to the gods. They test our belief by being inconsistent.

Back