IndiaTimes Shopping User Experiences

• Thread starter Thread starter saharey
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 92
  • Views Views 19,560
he did say that its not him :D

I ordered Galaxy note in start of march but the order remained unverified for a week so eventually i cancelled the order and they took more than 10 days to refund.So i wrote an email to operations head on 12th march for which i received a reply yesterday :P

Wish I'd paid more attention to this thread. So, I'd been looking for a new router for quite some time, and settled on the E1500 from Cisco. Now, ebay had the said router for 3700, and indiatimes had listed it for 2900 odd bucks. Lured in by the cheaper price, I went with indiatimes :P . Today, when I called them to ask about the status of my order, they promptly told me it'd be cancelled, and gave some absurd reason that, aramex had messed up the consignments; and that further information would be available later during the day. Bah, I call up in the evening and I get "order cancelled due to increase in price of said product" . I told the CC guy, that as per their website there has been no price change, and within 10 minutes, a new price appears :P . They're saying that the amount will be refunded within 4 days. tl;dr - indiatimes cancels my order out of the blueAny way I can get them to ship the router, or is it a waste of time ? I guess, I'll get it off ebay.After having read through the thread, I suspect that they hold the money, earn interest on it, and then return the principal amount as per their convenience

Indiatimes is a crappy service who take ages to deliver products and once you purchase you will be in a hell of a life. They give your details supposedly to their sales team who pester you every now and then by ringing your phone to purchase magazine subscription, books, join book club or something else from them. By shopping at indiatimes, it is like you have given your number to a telemarketer just ready to pester you. Not sure how it is now as I have left them ages ago. Their service is pathetic especially compared to services such as Flipart and Ebay. The only unique items I remember seeing in their website is condoms and sex related products (lol) as is the case with their news website where they use sex to attract visitors.

IndiaTimes has now become the latest company to mail me claiming that a thread on the forum is not showcasing them online in good light. They claim that they have taken proactive measures to tackle the complaints posted on the forum and it should be deleted from the forum. I have clearly told them that these threads are user experiences and not support threads. I imagine next they would come up with a legal threat. Just saying.

They are Just trying to Bully you. If they have taken proactive Measures, They should Reply here to Each complain ResolvedThey very Well know Legally the Case will fall on it's Head

If they have indeed resolved user complaints on this thread, it is good that this thread is of use. All folks who have problems with Indiatimes shopping can post their complaints here. I have a couple of friends with issues, may be I should get them here, or atleast post some details.

Back