IndiaTimes Shopping User Experiences

• Thread starter Thread starter saharey
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 92
  • Views Views 19,560
IndiaTimes

I am the official representative of Indiatimes Shopping. It has come to my notice that the forum has some threads regarding Indiatimes Shopping. We have taken procative measures to amicably handle these complaints. Is there a way we can close the thread and remove it or any other evasive action that can be taken? Please reply to the email furnished and we can take the discussion forward.

Me

People post their experiences on the forum. These experiences are to tell others what they faced when they shopped from IndiaTimes. These experiences are not support tickets that are removed once they are solved.

You may add that if they (Indiatimes) put their responses on the forum, it would only show them in good light as someone who really cares for their customers.

I thought it was clear from the language on their mail that they were looking for a way to get the thread deleted. They have no intention to be responsive to the complaints on the forum.

Wish I'd paid more attention to this thread. So, I'd been looking for a new router for quite some time, and settled on the E1500 from Cisco. Now, ebay had the said router for 3700, and indiatimes had listed it for 2900 odd bucks. Lured in by the cheaper price, I went with indiatimes :P . Today, when I called them to ask about the status of my order, they promptly told me it'd be cancelled, and gave some absurd reason that, aramex had messed up the consignments; and that further information would be available later during the day. Bah, I call up in the evening and I get "order cancelled due to increase in price of said product" . I told the CC guy, that as per their website there has been no price change, and within 10 minutes, a new price appears :P . They're saying that the amount will be refunded within 4 days.

tl;dr - indiatimes cancels my order out of the blue

Any way I can get them to ship the router, or is it a waste of time ? I guess, I'll get it off ebay.

After having read through the thread, I suspect that they hold the money, earn interest on it, and then return the principal amount as per their convenience

But aren't they supposed to honour the original price if they charged you originally for it. I mean that is what happens everywhere, if you booked a product irrespective of any price changes in the future they will have to honour the price at the time of the order, they can't simply cancel the order because the price changed. You can go to consumer court for this, file a case against them. I know it would be too much for a 2.9k router but still they should be charged for their actions. Because essentially you have already bought the product it is yours, and it is only a matter of them shipping it to you. So, they can't charge you extra for something you have already bought.

These are not even fair business practices. Delays, and unavailability are still understandable but this issue is unfair to the customer.

I have received calls from Myntra for posting bad about their company.My reply was, I just shared my experience that I had with you guys.They just hanged up.

@anantTheir T & Cs are like that, in fact, almost all online shopping cos. state that they reserve the right to cancel the order, if there is a change in price.

^When a offline retailer doesnt honor if he quoted wrong price why should online retailer do?Every human can do mistakes.we should understand that

^if they wanted to give u at that price (and wanted to make some repo) they would have given it to u, no??you cant steal stuff from seller, they have to give it to you.you urself said it was cheapest deal (and maybe it was by mistake, or maybe not), but the fact is they didnt want u to have it at that price (even put their reputation,if any, at stake). Moreover they have the right to deny. whats the worst case?? you didnt have it at that price.and you may not ever buy from them, thats it. it was never meant to be(probably). They will probably pay the price of their mistake by loosing you :-l

Back