Jammu & Kashmir: BSNL Bharat Fiber New Plans (30/100/200/300mbps)

My Cousin changed his plan last night via selfcare portal and the new plan got activated today, so if it works for him in Kathua so I'm pretty sure it'll work smoothly for us, besides some technical people inside BSNL have told me that it'll take time but they are trying to improve such basic facilities such as plan changes so that it works smoothly as they know it as well that it is crunch time for their survival as well.
I have also changed plan via selfcare portal to 799 fiber value plan on 10/10/2020 My SSA is Udhampur and it show it will activated within 1-2 days. But right now my plan changes but speed i get is still 10-20 Mbps on download and on 90-95 Mbps Upload on LAN Cable. I complaint again on 16-10-2020 and they said Plan hasn’t updated yet. It will take 1-2 days time. Ridiculous from BSNL. Some are getting speeds and some are on 10 Mbps line.

@CHOPSHOT i had asked question regarding wifi link speed , if hardware/software of a device can limit max wifi speed on a device and whether a dual band router will be of any help if xiaomi devices are showing link of 72 Mbps only . Any idea or you are also unsure?
For laptop I think we can change from properties, not sure if there is any quick way for mobile phones, what if i get a router support 850plus Mbps , but my device supporting 72 only , not sure if link speed in that case will improve.
Yes you can change properties on Device Manager On your wireless Network adapter click adapter and click roaming sensitivity and set it to High. It changes your laptop link speed from 72 Mbps to 150 Mbps.

@sid414 yes but max will be 150Mbps , I purchased archer a6, so link speed is now upto 866Mbps on laptop .
For plan change directly visit any nearest bsnl exchange, they do it on same day if plans are available. Officially new plans are only available for Jammu & Srinagar SSA only, Udhampur will not get this but still confirm from bsnl exchange.(Kathua etc comes under Jammu SSA ). But if new plans are not available , then old plans have been upgraded, so you can use 777 plans with 100Mbps(earlier 50Mbps) n 500GB and after FUP its 5Mbps (earlier 2Mbps) i guess .

why? I don't need voice at my home and my warehouse. Just at shop I need Voice. Just coz I don't get voice, I won't be able to change my plan? Isn't that crrzy?

Yes all places are atleast 500 meters away from each other but not that too far but not that too near either.

btw I just remembered I don't even use Voice at my home, I haven't even installed home phone or anything.

I am gonna check my home bills right now and update if I have been charged 250 rs at my home connection. I am 100% certain I have seen 250 rs charge for my shop connection which we need anything. brb

wow, I just checked, my connection was installed in March and they have charged about 250 rs in august bill. Why? I don't even have voip phone at home. isn't this fraud?

Btw @Sandy11, i asked you about the distance between all 3 places because i was wondering if you could have used wireless point to point outdoor equipment to serve all 3 locations from a single connection or atleast the 3rd one you bought recently from one of the other two, i understand that many factors such as line of sight may be an issue depending upon the height of the surrounding buildings but just a thought.

1st it would have been illegal as per bsnl's t&c, 2nd, it would have been a mess. I know I could have managed it, but I visit my folks 2-3 times a year and my brother and parents stay there so it wouldn't have helped and they rather pay the connection fees rather than maintaining all 3 connections as 1.

@Sandy11 I understand it being difficult to manage, can you share some link or document where it suggests that BSNL deems such a setup illegal?

@Sandy11 I don't think so as long as you're not selling it out commercially to other people in your neighborhood it should not be a problem. To me it's the same using a WiFi range extender just over a longer distance, besides had it been the case the govt. would not have provided unlicensed 5GHz spectrum (certain range only) for everyone to use.

Some sources for reference:

Last edited:
I know it's fine and BSNL being govt org, even if they would have these in t&c , it would have taken them years to even find out i am doing that, but getting new connections seems alot easier as my brother/parents are tech n00bs

Back