Just 4 HD Channels?

• Thread starter Thread starter mikesingh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 45
  • Views Views 11,472
I would be fine if we got Movies now or even Star Movies HD(heard it was approved a while ago). But at the moment there really isn't much to watch on the HD channels, and sports channels are event based.

Agreed. Movies Now is badly needed in TS HD.

Agreed. Movies Now is badly needed in TS HD.

Have a friend in Tata Sky who informed me that Movies Now HD should be on Tata Sky shortly. There are some negotiations going on between the channel and T.S due to which there has been a delay. Channel is asking for much more than what T.S is ready to pay.

Btw, the Star HD Channels would be available on TS platform only, whenever they are launched!! So consider that factor as well!!

@jayminStarPlus HD (albeit upscaled) first made its appearance on Reliance. TS never leverages the Sky or Star factor unlike Zee. And why this happens remains a big mystery to me till date.

U r mistaken friend!!I am not speaking of upscaled Star Channels.....I am speaking of True HD - Star Plus, Star Gold, Star Movies & Star World - all True HD......with a logo "HD" suffixed to the name of the channel.

^ Yes, TS would be the first one to launch them, if they are intelligent enough to attract customers.

And hopefully, the others (Atleast mine) would provide it next!!

I wonder if any worthy from Tata Sky (Or any other service provider for that matter) ever sees these forums and the suggestions/complaints/info therein? We've got the best call centres in the world but meant only for off shore customers!! Lesser souls like you and I have just the option of bellyaching here. No one in TS is listening, no one seems to be reading our queries! No one cares! No one's interested! So it's all just guess work and hoping against hope. Massive pay packages to the execs working there for doing little or nothing! That's why most service providers suck, where service is concerned! I've been in the corporate world for the last 11 years and I know what the heck really goes on inside! Poodle faking! All play and no work...Oh well, nuff said!!Cheers!mike

Thanks, fusion, for the encouraging news!! I hope we get to see movies in HD soon! Apart from Movies Now HD, Tata Sky did mention that HBO would be on HD 'soon'. It's been six months since, but no news! I wonder what 'soon' means to Tata Sky? https://broadband.forum/

They mentioned as STAR Movies HD not HBO HD, and they didnt add it coz it not launched. Mite be ull be happy if they add UPSCALE CRAP like Dish Tru HD's 30 channels and TS STAR Plus CRAP.

---------- Post added at 11:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:57 PM ----------

U r mistaken friend!!

I am not speaking of upscaled Star Channels.....

I am speaking of True HD - Star Plus, Star Gold, Star Movies & Star World - all True HD......with a logo "HD" suffixed to the name of the channel.

Agreed. 80% of the HD users doesnt know the difference btw True HD and Upscaled HD.

Back