Just 4 HD Channels?

• Thread starter Thread starter mikesingh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 45
  • Views Views 11,472
Ur frustration can be understood Mike!!Its just a matter of time before companies will take substantial steps in serving their customers thru Fora & may be fan pages on Social networking sites.....if i run a business, & it brings some good booty, then i would surely put up a page on FB in the name of my org.And if u see, u have "Airtel Presence", then "Reliance BigTV Team", "Videocon D2h Online Team", "Vodafone Care".......in PRETTY NASCENT STAGES. Today the decision makers take these things lightly. But tomorrow, it will be an integral part of Customer Service Policies of cos.

folks... I know the difference between TruHD and true HD . Mind the spellings please. What I meant here was probably misunderstood by Jaymin. Take the case of the NGC boquet in SD. It is a Fox Distribution. Still it is missing on TS SD even till dateUnlike Dish which never fails to take advantage of the situation... case in point Ten Action+. Also the bickering that apparently happened behind the scenes before a certain Ten "Ads" channel was aired showing the India-South Africa test series during the commercial breaks.

On the matter of upscaled, it definitely looks better than SD right, so why are people getting worked up about it so much?

Take the case of the NGC boquet in SD. It is a Fox Distribution. Still it is missing on TS SD even till date

I didnt understand what u mean by this.....Do u mean to say the NGC Wild, Adventure & all channels are not there in TS, or they r there, but come for good costs??
If thats the case, then i dont have much idea of it.

But i can tell u on ten Cricket & Ten Action+.....

Zee is taking the advantage of it, coz they have a majority stake in that Taj group of channels. And moreover, the channels - by the look of it too are so Tacky......when u watch them, U get the feeling of watching a 1990's Recording on a SPOILT DISC....
It looks horrible, thats the mildest i can say of the 2 channels. I really thank D2h (Dont know of packages of other DTh operators) for not even including the channel Ten Cricket in Platinum HD pack.

I am not getting that channel as also, i checked their site for latest packages - its not there in any of them!!

Non sense channel. hardly few viewers who love WWE, or Soccer and those sports - I REALLY FEEL PITY FOR THESE VIEWERS. In an age of HD, they have to watch Sub-standard SD......

And when Ten Cricket finally gets some tournament to telecast, they show only Ads in the name of "Recovering" costs.

They have to give such pathetic GOOD FOR NOTHING channel to Dish TV for free only.

On the matter of upscaled, it definitely looks better than SD right, so why are people getting worked up about it so much?
Hardly! SD looks as good as the so called upscaled SD because the latter is NOT True HD. Not even close! Period! Just compare the two and you'll hardly find any difference! For example, Star Plus (SD) and the so called Star Plus 'HD'. The signals are just up sampled with a trifle more bandwidth used. Nothing compared to the bandwidth required for True HD broadcasts. And that's pretty expensive and the reason why they can't afford to introduce more HD channels!

Frankly' DishTV is taking the gullible for a jolly good ride by tom tomming their '30 HD channels'. That's a load of hot air because these aren't 'HD' by any stretch of imagination except for the 4 or 5 True HD channels listed in the posts above.

Cheers!
Mike

Thats y, i have developed a sort of prejudice against Zee group as a whole.

@jaymin dude... u missed me again.... What i meant there was that NGC boquet is MISSING on TSky.

I was only comparing the armtwisting strategy of Zee and the nonchalant stand of TSky when it comes to airing their own channels.

As for the quality of the Ten network is concerned i totally agree with you.

NGC bouquet.....i thought it was NGC WIld, NGC Adventure, NGC & NGC HD......Is it anything different from that??

NGC bouquet is owned by FOX which co related to STAR but not actually STAR. And same goes with ESPN channels they r owned by The Walt Disney Company which has some stakes in STAR.I hope u got it.

So, what i thought, was somewhat right - Star doesnt have any "Controlling Stake" in these channels - it just has a stake. Unlike Zee, which controls Taj, if i am not wrong.

Back