Just 4 HD Channels?

• Thread starter Thread starter mikesingh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 45
  • Views Views 11,472
thanks jignesh for putting it in perspective... I didnt realise that jaymin was on that tangent.Of course jaymin Star does not have any controlling stake but here again we are not talking about STAR. We are talking about Sky which as I understand it is a sister (and obviously the primary broadcaster) for FOX. That alone should give Sky enough space to armtwist.Of course you could argue again that the content on which Zee kicked butt was *Cricket* and not some stupid animals or some geeky English shows (which btw I like)

The truth is Tata Sky doesnt have enough bandwidth to support the HD channels thats why only 4 exist as of now.

The truth is Tata Sky doesnt have enough bandwidth to support the HD channels thats why only 4 exist as of now.

Any source of this information ?

C'mon if they didnt have bandwidth, then why would they test the Star HD channels?? And that too, 4 of them!!

Btw, is all this anywhere related to the fact that a Satellite launch in around Nov/Dec, had failed to make it to Orbit?? I had read that few DTH players will have to look for other options soon.

Here's the latest.....

Insat 4A @ 83 E

10.970 H 28500 2/3 8PSK (DVB-DSNG/Turbo/DVB-S2)
------------------------------------------------
Discovery HD
Nat Geo HD
Star Plus HD*
Showcase HD
ESPN HD
Star Cricket HD

*Upscaled/upsampled

And yeah, it could be the non availability of sufficient bandwidth within the cost parameters. So, even if they succeed in adding more HD channels, be prepared to shell out some more greenbacks to enjoy them! We are the suckers, remember?? And there are no free binges, especially where TS is concerned!!!

Cheers!
Mike.

I thought TS is improving in terms of costs these days.......Got out HD DVR for throw away price, and some packages too are becoming cheaper, topped by the fact that ESPN HD & Star Cricket HD are free of cost till the World Cup.

C'mon if they didnt have bandwidth, then why would they test the Star HD channels?? And that too, 4 of them!!

Jaymin, I guess u have been misunderstood. These 4 STAR Channels are not been Tested in Tata Sky. The broadcasters (STAR) have test started this on Asiasat 3s, Tata Sky uses Insat 4A. I hope u got it.

---------- Post added at 11:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 PM ----------

i heard somewhere that they have leased more TPs on 4A....

Nopes they havent. Insat 4A is already been leased by TS which has highest 12 TPs.

---------- Post added at 11:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 PM ----------

I thought TS is improving in terms of costs these days.......

Got out HD DVR for throw away price, and some packages too are becoming cheaper, topped by the fact that ESPN HD & Star Cricket HD are free of cost till the World Cup.

Dont worry, when it comes to TS ppl always think its costly but if u compare with other they too even land up der Rs 10- 15 difference hardly.

Jaymin, I guess u have been misunderstood. These 4 STAR Channels are not been Tested in Tata Sky. The broadcasters (STAR) have test started this on Asiasat 3s, Tata Sky uses Insat 4A. I hope u got it.

Okies....i thought TS was testing - the link which i had followed, made me believe that it was TS!!

Dont worry, when it comes to TS ppl always think its costly but if u compare with other they too even land up der Rs 10- 15 difference hardly.

Yep!! That was my observation as well. But when a TS user only blames them, i was surprised. Coz u can expect another DTH subscriber cribbing about TS's prices, and not a TS subscriber!!

Back