Just placed an order for a new Videocon D2H connection

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 28
  • Views Views 9,253
well a couple of reasons. AKD gave me a pretty solid deal and a promise of great service.

secondly... airtel dth does not have a very good reputation with customer support. and i think prices are on the higher sides as well.

thirdly... well i wanted to experiment with d2h. dad already has a working dish tv connection. so this is a 1200 risk i am willing to take!

How much did u pay to AKD? And how many months subscription u got FREE? AKD doesnt luk like a genuine site to me :(

heh. well. i have to disclose something here.

i have been helping AKD with some seo and social media marketing stuff.

he offered it to me at half price but i refused to take it at that.

i bought it for the price it costs him so he does not make a loss on my deal.

anyways. i only got it through him because ... i guess i would check with him before mentioning it here.

the dude is real. i can confirm that :)

---------- Post added at 04:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:47 PM ----------

argh. gotta run home

d2h guys are on their way.

this is fast installation.

let's hope everything turns out well!

Right choice with D2H :)I hope it doesnt have any troubles with channel availability, as it claims to have highest number of channels.

heh. well. i have to disclose something here.

i have been helping AKD with some seo and social media marketing stuff.

he offered it to me at half price but i refused to take it at that.

i bought it for the price it costs him so he does not make a loss on my deal.

anyways. i only got it through him because ... i guess i would check with him before mentioning it here.

the dude is real. i can confirm that :)

---------- Post added at 04:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:47 PM ----------

argh. gotta run home

d2h guys are on their way.

this is fast installation.

let's hope everything turns out well!

OH well..! Ur lucky.

Happy viewing ;)

alright. installation done. activation done as well. managed to get the universal remote working. everything turned out well. extra cable charges would be cut from recharge value. i hate to be in the prepaid television viewing world. dad is ok with it right now. d2h does not have total tv which he needs. let's see if he can live without that!

alright. installation done. activation done as well. managed to get the universal remote working. everything turned out well.

extra cable charges would be cut from recharge value. i hate to be in the prepaid television viewing world.

dad is ok with it right now. d2h does not have total tv which he needs. let's see if he can live without that!

Hows the PQ?? btw FAST installation

looked somewhat better to me compared to zee. dad did not see much difference but then he has a bigger number on his glasses than me.

the installation guy could not set up the remote for me. but he told me the procedure and i managed it. was sort of interesting. mapping keys!

fast installation indeed. told ya, AKD guy is genuine. if a couple of folks show interest in getting a D2H connection, i might get him to offer a discount offer for IBF users! :)

---------- Post added at 10:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 PM ----------

strangely enough i forgot to take photos of the STB and other shit. i would take tomorrow.

i did not like the look of the STB though.

the images in the brochure are sexier than what i got :D

---------- Post added at 10:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 PM ----------

remote build quality is also not that great. airtel i believe has the best quality remote. :D

hehe. i paid 1200 for the thing. it came with 3 months of diamond pack. i think they already delivered enough bang for the buck!

You got an STB? I thought they only had those DVD players and stuff.

No they have the STB's too. Why will a DTH players start without a normal STB? :D

---------- Post added at 03:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:05 PM ----------

hehe. i paid 1200 for the thing. it came with 3 months of diamond pack. i think they already delivered enough bang for the buck!

Ah.. 1200.. actual price is Rs 1390 :)

---------- Post added at 03:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:06 PM ----------

looked somewhat better to me compared to zee. dad did not see much difference but then he has a bigger number on his glasses than me.

the installation guy could not set up the remote for me. but he told me the procedure and i managed it. was sort of interesting. mapping keys!

fast installation indeed. told ya, AKD guy is genuine. if a couple of folks show interest in getting a D2H connection, i might get him to offer a discount offer for IBF users! :)

---------- Post added at 10:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 PM ----------

strangely enough i forgot to take photos of the STB and other shit. i would take tomorrow.

i did not like the look of the STB though.

the images in the brochure are sexier than what i got :D

---------- Post added at 10:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 PM ----------

remote build quality is also not that great. airtel i believe has the best quality remote. :D

I am stuck with Tata Sky for one yr now with their annual pack :D

STB looks cheap quality as the STB is manufactured by videocon whereas others have deals with thompson, humax , and other shit.

Back