Online purchase of Videocon D2H connection with a special offer from broadbandforum.co!

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 233
  • Views Views 61,900
Status
Not open for further replies.
Strictly Street, with Rohan!!

----------

Heres 1 from me........

thanks IM and Jaymin. I will call Videocon D2H today to check what kind of dish they provide with an HD (Non DVR) Connection. Guys since you both are using large size TVs, can you please rate Audio and Picture Quality on a scale of 1 to 10, where 1 is the lowest and 10 is the highest? I just want to add here that I am no gadget freak and hence, do not expect anything out of the box. Also, I am aware that it is *practically* impossible to judge the best picture and audio quality among all DTH operators in India. The only thing I want to make sure is that I don't end up with an inferior Audio and Picture Quality than what I am getting right now from Tata Sky SD connection. Here is my current set up-1) TATA SKY SD set top box2) LG 47" LED TV3) The Video-Out goes to the TV from the TATA SKY STB (the yellow pin).4) The 2-Channel Audio from the TATA SKY STB (Red and While pins) is connected to Creative 2.1 Channel Audio Speakers.Once I have an HD STB from either Videcon, Airtel or TATA SKY next week, the only difference will be in point 3) above, i.e. The STB and TV will be connected using an HDMI cable.Is there anybody who can rate AIRTEL HD Audio and Picture Quality on a scale of 1 to 10, where 1 is the lowest and 10 is the highest?Thanks in anticipation.

I will rate PQ of D2h at atleast 8-8.5 out of 10, if not more.
AQ also atleast 8-8.5 out of 10.

For Airtel....well i guess u have seen quite a few Airtel Threads. may be someone over there wud reply to u. devx101 is 1 of them.

----------

And yeah, after u connect HD box to TV with HDMI Cable, do not forget to connect TV to speakers with a Coaxial or atleast a Composite Cable.

[/COLOR]And yeah, after u connect HD box to TV with HDMI Cable, do not forget to connect TV to speakers with a Coaxial or atleast a Composite Cable.

Thanks for the rating.

Actually, I am planning to connect the speakers directly to the HD Box as the TVs only pass through the sound and do not make a change to its quality. Even tomorrow if I get a 5.1 / 7.1 Channel Home Theatre system, then I am better off connecting the HD Box directly to the Home Theatre, rather than connecting through the TV.

Yeah that option is open for u actually. Its not feasible for me, as i have TV as a common Audio receiver from all devices, and the audio it receives, then gets forwarded to the Speaker set.DVD, STB, & PC. I wud have to connect all these 3 into the Speakers, so cost of 3 different cables! And the CPU is placed in such a way, that i wud require a really long connector to join it to Speakers - not to mention the addition it makes to the wire mesh i have in that area! :D

Yeah that option is open for u actually. Its not feasible for me, as i have TV as a common Audio receiver from all devices, and the audio it receives, then gets forwarded to the Speaker set.

DVD, STB, & PC. I wud have to connect all these 3 into the Speakers, so cost of 3 different cables! And the CPU is placed in such a way, that i wud require a really long connector to join it to Speakers - not to mention the addition it makes to the wire mesh i have in that area! :D

If I recall correctly then you have an LG TV. If it has inbuilt wireless / wireless capability / wi-fi Ready then please checkout the link below.

LG Wi-Fi® USB Adapter

This should help you eliminate your computer out of the equation. There should be a corresponding wi-fi dongle though for a computer if its a desktop. If its a laptop with wi-fi then no need for a separate dongle.

but i think with Wifi, i may be able to access the content on my PC. What about the applications? I mean i use it as a Monitor after all, over HDMI.

Okay guys, its almost decided that I am going to buy a DVR. What changes instead is, I will be opting for *highest* monthly pack instead of *highest* Annual Pack. Instead of paying the annual cost of a package, I am willing to invest that amount to upgrade to a DVR. Now I need to decide between the HD-DVR DTH Operators.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back