Just placed an order for a new Videocon D2H connection

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 28
  • Views Views 9,253
i think they are running a promo selling the thing for half the price. i guess i should have taken that deal :P

here are some photos:

should have taken the photo in their manual. the box in the manual had a different color theme and looks much better.

a major annoyance about this box. buttons are very hard to press. and the red light does not turn green when the STB is on. so basically you have no idea whether its on or not!

---------- Post added at 12:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 AM ----------

here is another image...

see the load bar at 115%?

i guess the firmware is buggy. i had to hard reboot the STB to get it to work.

---------- Post added at 12:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 AM ----------

and you can see the zee dish tv dth dabba on the left side :D

Hard buttons for STB? then Poor design of the STB, though these buttons are not regularly used. About light, it look like some upgrade should be done so power LED colour is changed for power on/standby state. And Remote looks good, though design is not comfortable for holding in hand, but key placement is as per user's behaviour with most used keys at convenient locations.

STB is on the TV itself because the trolley is at a lower height. remote design sucks. too wide. not comfortable to hold for longer periods. key placement is also bad... volume and channel buttons should be side by side. they are vertical and very hard to operate. and the mute button is in between them! awful design overall. favorite shortcuts are at the bottom left. the favorite button is at the top left. to access favorites, you have to press the favorite button and then the color key. very inconvenient.

Oh! I didnt knew Favourite operates that way!BTW are keys around OK key not used for Channel change & Volume control? if not then another flaw in remote design & this remote is only good to use with right hand. May be Videocon thought most people use right hand to operate remote :)

haha. not sure. i went home and watched tv for a while. but yeah i think those buttons work for channels and volume... so that should not be a problem. dad uses the dedicated keys because they are marked as such. :) i really should avoid commenting on it because i do not use it for myself. just got it for dad because he was getting annoyed by his old dish tv STB with a damaged remote. my one year old niece loves the remote because the OK button has a blue light that lights up on key presses!

Back