Kapil Sibal aims to restrict freedom of speech on the internet!

• Thread starter Thread starter IndianMascot
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 195
  • Views Views 20,007
Seems like those days are not far "thank you for uploading your new photograph. It has been sent to the Sibbal's office, once its approved- your friends can see your latest snap!"

Seems like those days are not far "thank you for uploading your new photograph. It has been sent to the Sibbal's office, once its approved- your friends can see your latest snap!"

Considering that its what he wants...

----------

exactly. since they want every single piece of content to be scanned by a human which is of course not possible... indian government would have to change their stance or go for a blanket ban over these services.

i am sure these are just pressure tactics to get them to agree to a broad set of censorship that would mean that your identities would not be protected and content that annoys them can get regular folks in trouble.

its like saying

item X is not banned in the country

But it has a flat tax of Rs 1lakh and you need to pay 1crore per hour you possess it

i think all the four services being targeted have servers in india. they can of course move their social networking related servers to outside india. in that case, indian laws would not really be applicable on them. but these companies still have official presence in india so the government would not leave them alone. this is pretty much like china. if this bullshit stance continues, these companies might have to either compromise or leave india completely.

exactly. since they want every single piece of content to be scanned by a human which is of course not possible... indian government would have to change their stance or go for a blanket ban over these services.

i am sure these are just pressure tactics to get them to agree to a broad set of censorship that would mean that your identities would not be protected and content that annoys them can get regular folks in trouble.

Consider this a conspiracy theory , but FB, google have atleast 20-30 % of thier users from india , and G+ has the second highest users from India , i suppose . and now look back at SOPA , these companies are the main opposing parties to it (Big companies atleast ) , and with Obama admin keen on implementing SOPA , could this be a blackmail kind of thing , given the influence of U.S on UPA ? Anything is possible right ? :D

----------

i think all the four services being targeted have servers in india.

they can of course move their social networking related servers to outside india.

in that case, indian laws would not really be applicable on them.

but these companies still have official presence in india so the government would not leave them alone.

this is pretty much like china. if this bullshit stance continues, these companies might have to either compromise or leave india completely.

Talking location of servers outside india itself could have come as a lightning to our wise minister.. LOL..

Google , FB , might not fight if it comes to fighting the govt in power , IIRC , google did have two maps , one for india and one for china and also actively censored google images in china to please the govt.

I bet you guys are missing warthog already. I always refer to this video... Whenever there is a discussion about internet censorship. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JP_3WnJ42kw&feature=player_embeddedIt is mostly related to network neutrality but it explains why governments are sacred of the Internet. It is the single most powerful platform available to the common man to express himself since the times of ham radios and residential printing presses.

servers out of India just makes it easier for them : They will put a blanket ban on the sites

servers out of India just makes it easier for them : They will put a blanket ban on the sites

then they simply have to copy the Blacklist from china and tweak to include words like "Dog@##%" "Son@#%!@@#$" etc

Coz blocking those sites alone wont stop what govt has in mind , it needs to include all blogs which contains such stuff , which migh also include once hosted outside , so effectively we will build a firewall

----------

he is banned because he would not accept one simple requirement of mine.

y u practice censorship :d

heh. i just want him to mind his own business on the forum. a lot of people are annoyed with him and his posts on the forum. they ignore the content he posts. but he would get annoyed with other people's threads and would ask for a straight deletion just because he does not like them for one reason or the other.

Back