Kapil Sibal aims to restrict freedom of speech on the internet!

• Thread starter Thread starter IndianMascot
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 195
  • Views Views 20,007
Ummm, whatever is the theory, they surely not doing any good to their already ********* (U can imagine whatever adjective that comes to ur mind) image.

Even the otherwise silent crowd, who is "Too busy to come out of FB & care", will have to care if he loses his freedom to post on FB.

----------

Despite that in 1980 general elections, the government was thrown out. Many leaders in today's government were the youth cronies during emergency. Their mindset is still the same. But they still make the same mistake which they did then... Underestimate how much people value their basic FREEDOM. No power can curb that ever. It could not be done then. It can never be done now in the internet world.

But sadly, 2014 seems too distant. I fear they might do some serious damages in the meantime.

So u have seen the silver lining of this cloud as well!! :D

Edit: That was for Naveen!

:D , There is no possibility of it , as again it will come to the person who monitor and his self bias on a comment / pic (why am i even entertaining this idea ... ? :D )

Just hope they dont use this excuse and further hope that politicians dont claim Quotas for these jobs .. :D :D

They Hit the Axe on their own feet. They have again made the common man angry and Anna will definitely encash this anger to make his protest for Jan Lokpal on dec 11.

Just hope they dont use this excuse and further hope that politicians dont claim Quotas for these jobs

Just imagine an OBC person, who has never used a computer, or has very little knowledge in it, getting that job!

@ Mascot.....

They havent made common man angry. They made the netizen angry, who till today chose to remain indifferent to these issues.

I suppose most of the IBF members will be belonging to today's youth generation below 30. So you may have had no idea what Emergency was like. In 1977 this same party had implemented Press Censorship. Would you believe that Class 3 government employees were sitting in each and every newspaper, magazine offices everyday. A single line in the newspaper could not be published until and unless they approved it. There was no TV, internet in those days. So for nearly 18 months we just used to read what the government liked. All the news of emergency excesses like lacs of people put behind bars for months for no reason, thousands of forced men's vasectomy operations and many more things remained unknown to the larger population for nearly 18 months. Many newspapers simply stopped publishing during that time.

Despite that in 1980 general elections, the government was thrown out. Many leaders in today's government were the youth cronies during emergency. Their mindset is still the same. But they still make the same mistake which they did then... Underestimate how much people value their basic FREEDOM. No power can curb that ever. It could not be done then. It can never be done now in the internet world.

I completely agree and stand by with you on your reply sir ..I just read somewhere and posted as a possible theory. Infact UPA itself is more so divided , it will be highly unlikely it can even pass such resolution when particularly they have gone into a Policy paralysis ..

----------

Actually Sibal might block these sites afterall... Watch out people ...

The Hindu : News / National : Hate speech must be blocked, says Sibal

What ugly face he has! Just from his face, i wud say that in Nayak movie, he shud have played Balraj Chauhan (Amrish Puri). The film wud have got lot more viewership just to see a guy wicked guy like him getting bashed. May be Shivaji Rao shud have been played by Arvind Kejriwal/even Kiran Bedi.

“It gives me no pleasure,” Mr. Sibal explained, “to restrict social media, but the fact is there's a problem. These companies are in essence saying that they publish content in accordance with standards in the west. That's not good enough. I will, however, call all stakeholders to the table, and evolve agreed standards for what kinds of content are acceptable, before a final decision.”

what does it mean when he says stake-holders ? I mean we know he called 4-5 sites , but is that internet is made up of ? If not , shouldnt be calling all website admins ? including this one ?

Blocking online freedom will solve one thing for sure: the lack of urban votersAll it would need is ONE startup party which promises freedom online and they would have 70-80% votes in urban areas

Blocking online freedom will solve one thing for sure: the lack of urban voters

All it would need is ONE startup party which promises freedom online and they would have 70-80% votes in urban areas

sounds like pirate party in sweden .. :D

sounds like pirate party in sweden .. :D

Pirate party of India pls...

really need it!!

someone start it

Back