Laptop in the price range of Rs. 35-40K with good battery life

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 75
  • Views Views 9,632
if i had the options of purchasing a model from the US market, i would have plenty of options man :)

Oh.. Why Indian Companies can't Gve Discount like this.. :|

two months have passed by. looking for some fresh suggestions. apparently my nephew did not buy the models i recommended at that time.

requirements are pretty similar. Budget is around 35-40K. decent specification. battery life needs to be good. i am looking at at least 4-5 hours if not more.

do not need a high performance laptop that would have a 2-3 hour battery life. :|

Look for AMD Llano based laptops , will be in your budget , good performance specially Graphics and good battery backup AMD Fusion A-Series APUs: Llano graduates with 10.5hr battery life, HD graphics - SlashGear

When we were gaming on the Intel platform we pulled the power during a game and the performance of the game didn't change and the battery died in 75 minutes. We did the same thing on the AMD Llano notebook and when we unplugged the laptop we noticed the FPS performance decreased. AMD has some power saving measures taking place when the system is unplugged, but even though performance dropped the frame rate was still higher than the Intel system! The AMD system lasted an amazing 120 minutes on the battery when gaming, which was 45 minutes longer than the Intel notebook and both batteries are similar 6-cell batteries. AMD Llano A-Series APU Sabine Notebook Platform Review - AMD A-Series APUs Arrive - Llano - Legit Reviews

Well the question is whether we have models with these APUs on sale in India. Reading about them on an American website is easy... Finding the models on sale in India is not.

----------

Also... Sites like Flipkart and Letsbuy do not really make it easy to search for models based on parameters like processor type and rated battery life. I mean I might be able to search for Intel/AMD processors. Little more.

----------

site:flipkart.com AMD Llano - Google Search

I went to nehru place today to check laptop prices and it was available but out of my budget which is about 20k so i did not even ask the price , also listed on flipkart but OOS Asus X43 Series X43TA-VX052D Laptop: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review Asus Notebook

----------

Well the question is whether we have models with these APUs on sale in India. Reading about them on an American website is easy... Finding the models on sale in India is not.

----------

Also... Sites like Flipkart and Letsbuy do not really make it easy to search for models based on parameters like processor type and rated battery life. I mean I might be able to search for Intel/AMD processors. Little more.

----------

site:flipkart.com AMD Llano - Google Search

https://www.google.com/search?ix=icb&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=site%3Aflipkart.com+AMD+Llano#sclient=psy-ab&hl=en&source=hp&q=site:flipkart.com+amd+A6&pbx=1&oq=site:flipkart.com+amd+A6&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&gs_sm=e&gs_upl=59641l60929l1l61438l4l4l0l0l0l0l207l794l0.3.1l4l0&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&fp=bc5d525f789223e&ix=icb&biw=1333&bih=631

Clock Speed 1.4 GHz

Man. I am not looking for a netbook!

----------

also. would prefer a model with Windows 7. :P

Cool. so RAM upgrade is required. No OS option is a headache. Any more models? :D

Clock Speed 1.4 GHz

Man. I am not looking for a netbook!

----------

also. would prefer a model with Windows 7. :P

It goes up to 2.3 ghz in turbo mode but some cores will be disabled in turbo mode

Back