List of Modem not working in BSNL West Zone

• Thread starter Thread starter kunalgautam
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 81
  • Views Views 52,968
Folks,

I own E1752 and UMG1831. I'm from Bangalore...just came to Mumbai today. I have 2 BSNL 3G sim cards: one from Bangalore and other one from Ahmedabad (Gujarat). I've never had success using Bangalore sim card in BSNL west region (that's a totally different issue...details here: https://broadband.forum/bsnl-mobile/61657-bsnl-3g-sim-bought-bangalore/ )

Here's my findings (in Mumbai..in all cases the modem does show up 3G Dolphin network)
- E1752 with Bangalore SIM (Error 169)
- E1752 with Ahmedabd SIM (Error 169)
- UMG1831 with Bangalore SIM (Does not connect with message: Incorrect username and password on domain..not sure what that means)
- UMG1831 with Ahmedabad SIM (works PERFECTLY FINE)

Getting speed of about 1-2 mbps. Also, I have signed up for Rs222 - 512MB plan. In MTNL Dolphin network also it uses data from the same 512MB quota

Hope this data helps..let me know if anyone needs more info while I'm still in Mumbai

Tomorrow I'm visiting Ahmedabad and will post results from there also.

BTW..just FYI...both SIM cards work perfectly fine in Bangalore with UMG1831.

Thanks for input. :thumbsup:

Folks,

I own E1752 and UMG1831. I'm from Bangalore...just came to Mumbai today. I have 2 BSNL 3G sim cards: one from Bangalore and other one from Ahmedabad (Gujarat). I've never had success using Bangalore sim card in BSNL west region (that's a totally different issue...details here: https://broadband.forum/bsnl-mobile/61657-bsnl-3g-sim-bought-bangalore/ )

Here's my findings (in Mumbai..in all cases the modem does show up 3G Dolphin network)
- E1752 with Bangalore SIM (Error 169)
- E1752 with Ahmedabd SIM (Error 169)
- UMG1831 with Bangalore SIM (Does not connect with message: Incorrect username and password on domain..not sure what that means)
- UMG1831 with Ahmedabad SIM (works PERFECTLY FINE)

Getting speed of about 1-2 mbps. Also, I have signed up for Rs222 - 512MB plan. In MTNL Dolphin network also it uses data from the same 512MB quota

Hope this data helps..let me know if anyone needs more info while I'm still in Mumbai

Tomorrow I'm visiting Ahmedabad and will post results from there also.

BTW..just FYI...both SIM cards work perfectly fine in Bangalore with UMG1831.

Just to add to my findings:

I'm in Ahmedabad (Gujarat) right now and the experience I had in Mumbai is same in Ahmedabad. To summarize:

UMG1831 with Ahmedabad SIM works perfectly fine in Mumbai (Maharashtra) and Ahmedabad (Gujarat)

Why the Bangalore SIM doesn't work even with UMG 1831 is a mystery.... I haven't got a chance to visit the BSNL office this time..I'll be coming back to Ahmedabad next week and will check with BSNL official here.

I purchased new BSNL sim and it worked well with my modem E122 in pune. But suddenly last evening i started getting the error msg 619 - remote server connection error. Is this because my 7 days UL has ended or can be issue with modem? What error message generally you get when your first 7 days UL validity ends? Kindly help. Thanks.

I have same modem UMG 1831 in Bangalore but I am not getting this speed. Any special seting you have done. What is the software you are using to dial.

I have same modem UMG 1831 in Bangalore but I am not getting this speed. Any special seting you have done. What is the software you are using to dial.

I am using Mobile Partner Ver.16.001.06.01.500

search in google and get it... dont use the T-Mobile dialer.... its not so good

i have read this thread e122 i guess its confirmed its not working right ?but i have one question to ask , i live in mumbai if i buy a sim card from surat (Gujarat) and top it up with 4200 unlimited data plan , will it work in mumbai as the same plan ? or will use the mtnl data plan for the local mumbai network ?

Raghu you can follow the below link for the latest firmware update and mobile partner for UMG1831.
I have updated the firmware of my modem and i am using the latest mobile partner also.

Huawei T-Mobile UMG1831 Modem Software

I purchased new BSNL sim and it worked well with my modem E122 in pune. But suddenly last evening i started getting the error msg 619 - remote server connection error. Is this because my 7 days UL has ended or can be issue with modem? What error message generally you get when your first 7 days UL validity ends? Kindly help. Thanks.
Yes when 7days free trial end and you end up with all balance on your phone, you will get error 169.

Back