List of Modem not working in BSNL West Zone

• Thread starter Thread starter kunalgautam
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 81
  • Views Views 52,968
Are there chances of the modem getting locked again after firmware upgrade? This seems to be a risky route.
Unlocking Huawei modem is very easy :P

---------- Post added at 07:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:54 PM ----------

Has anyone tried with Huawei E1752 ?
E1752 has chipset of E1750 so Most probably it will not work in west zone. But if you want to test you are free :) but remember to post result :P

---------- Post added at 07:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:55 PM ----------

The problem may be with the firmware. try upgrading it. as you guys are using a unlocked modem, upgrading shouldn't be a problem.

select the proper modem and download the firmware from here: dc-files. com/files/huawei/

If on windows 7, you'll need to run the firmware upgrade application with Admin privileges.

Note: Upgrade at your risk, take extreme care while upgrading. If you stop the process in between, the device will become useless.

Already flashed latest firmware from that site for E1750, still not working

May be off topic but just for benefit of members... I do not think Huawei E122 supports voice calls...i'm not sure about video calls..something to keep in mind. On the other hand E1750 does support voice calls.

Already flashed latest firmware from that site for E1750, still not working

I'm seriously thinking of asking my ebay seller to replace my E1752 with E122. God knows... tomorrow E122 may not work with some other XYZ provider and then we'll have to hunt for some other 3G modem :)

Unlocking Huawei modem is very easy :P

how do we unlock a modem........

I have downloaded Firmware update from DC Files for my E1750 .... after flashing with it do the modem gets locked....

how do we unlock a modem........

I have downloaded Firmware update from DC Files for my E1750 .... after flashing with it do the modem gets locked....

Na it will not get locked, juz you will need code generator which you can google and find. you have to put that code while flashing

Can anyone in west zone with Huawei E1750 try the following options and see if it works? :Start > Settings > Control panel > Phone andmodems options > Modems > Select modem >Properties > Advanced > Extra init command >Type the following stringAT+CGDCONT=1,"IP","bsnlnet"Also see if changing the number from *99# to *99***1# helps.

Can anyone in west zone with Huawei E1750 try the following options and see if it works? :

Start > Settings > Control panel > Phone and
modems options > Modems > Select modem >
Properties > Advanced > Extra init command >
Type the following string
AT+CGDCONT=1,"IP","bsnlnet"

Also see if changing the number from *99# to *99***1# helps.

Already tried it, still doesn't work :|

I called up Leoxsys Networks in Bangalore asking for quotation for UMG 1831.

Leoxsys Networks Pvt. Ltd.
Website:- Wireless 3G Router, Wireless Storage Router, Wireless Broadband Router, Wireless Router, Storage Router
9916337675, 07676384974/097396 00431

However they did not have UMG 1831 in stock and asked me if I wanted E1750. I mentioned to them that E1750 does not work in BSNL west. In response, they stated that it works perfectly fine in Maharashtra for sure as they have sold about 15 modems in Maharashtra area and there and no complaints so far. He did mention that it requires some special setting that BSNL can give but works fine in BSNL west also...

I'm so confused now...I have E1752 and was planning to replace it with UMG 1831

^^ I am sure he is just pushing to sell his modem. I never heard of special settings even from bsnl people for network in maharashtra.

Back