'Mirror Newspaper' with 'Times of India', why?

• Thread starter Thread starter SVK
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 4,469

SVK

twitter.com/svknet
ISP
Jio Fiber, Airtel 5G
In Pune, since 'Pune Mirror' has been launched, it is sold alongwith 'Times of India'. Even if we dont have to buy 'Mirror', we have to compulsory buy it with TOI. I cant understand why we have to spend extra Re 1 & Rs 2 on Sunday for that paper, if we dont want it. Earlier I thought its just for promotional period, but even after a year or more, they continue to sell 'Mirror' with TOI.Is same happerning in other cities?

I thought mirror comes free with TOI. All newspapers charge 1-2 Rs extra for sunday edition.

Actually.. i dont buy TOI.. i buy Hindustan times...199Rs year subscriber...along with all supplementary.

This is going on in Mumbai for long time. TOI is sold at Rs.4.50 on weekdays / 5.00 on week-end, alongwith Mumbai Mirror. MM is available separately, but TOI is not sold alone.

Same case in Bengaluru as well, Bangalore Mirror is also sold with TOI.

I thought mirror comes free with TOI. All newspapers charge 1-2 Rs extra for sunday edition.
No, its not free. We have to Pay extra for it. TOI has mentioned its rate on top, while Mirror has its rate separately. And we HAVE to pay for both!

Its not compulsory to buy mirror along with TOI. seems like Newspaper vendor is making you MAMU :P
I insisted that I didnt want to buy Mirror, but the vendor said that both newspapers have to be bought together. I am not regular reader of TOI, so I buy occassionally from different stalls, but all sell those papers together.

sam here ... Mirror is bundled with TOI .. i think they covered the cost of mirror in TOI only .....

yep thats what i meant.. its covered. i think they even write.. complimentary with TOI.. something like that

Back