MTNL 3G Jadoo Experiences and Issues

• Thread starter Thread starter sanke1
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4,394
  • Views Views 464,682
yet to buy..haven't bought yet might consider e153...

Try to get UMG series.. but very much make sure that seller should guinine becuase..I found two days back that duplicate dongles are being sold..at very cheaper prices.. so so please make sure before you buy to avoid later regrets..

It seems that e153 only support 3.6 mbps speed so you cant expect it to download @ 4 MBPS

so look for models which are capable of upto 21 MBPS so that it will server future as well if operator increases speeds ( though not in near terms)..

Unless u r a very very heavy user. 2mbps or 10mbps hardly wud make a difference overall.So 3.6 mbps or 21mbps dongle shud not make much difference except that 21 mbps wud cost a lot more.

there is 4G support with it...would be good when 4G is launched hopefully without much dwnd limit..otherwise would need to buy another modem when 4G is launched next yr..

I believe the Andheri E problem hasn't been resolved yet? :(

there is 4G support with it...would be good when 4G is launched hopefully without much dwnd limit..otherwise would need to buy another modem when 4G is launched next yr..

Yeah I agree at current point 3.6 mbps dongle and 21 mbps dongle comparision must not be emphasized..

But...

* to avoid repeated investments on dongle when ever technologies upgrades (speeds increases).. there is no point in buying again a new dongle..
* currently no modem is supporting 4G and 3G combined ( 4g is completely based on LTE technology which is different existing 3g technology). so one have to change the dongle when operators starts services of 4g)
* No manufaturer currently having a datacard which support both LTE and 3g (backaward compatability)... currently separate dongles availabel for LTE (4g) which does not support 3g i mean back comtability is absent.
* Hauwei just announced somedays back they developed a new dongle E392 which supports both 4g (LTE) and 3g and gsm singals) i.e backward compatability.
* one should know that BSNL launch of WIMAX in kerala last year was really not full fledged 4g... (we can say its 3.5 g)

you can MNP your number or you can buy a new number(for testing first).

Thanks for reply.

I was out of mumbai for some days , I brought BSNL sim there.

Now in mumbai when it says BSNL Dolphin earlier it was BSNL Cellone. I get download speed of only 0.7 Mb/sec.

Anything can be done about the speed.

Thanks for reply.

I was out of mumbai for some days , I brought BSNL sim there.

Now in mumbai when it says BSNL Dolphin earlier it was BSNL Cellone. I get download speed of only 0.7 Mb/sec.

Anything can be done about the speed.

1st of all....how did you buy a sim outside mumbai circle....with your current documents of mumbai....
I wasnt allowed to buy a MTNL sim,as my documents were not of mumbai....as i wasnt a native of mumbai....my address proof was not of mumbai....THEY SAID I HAV TO GO TO BSNL CIRCLE... :/

Back